Start with enough love and patience the rest will follow

Best Answer

Yes ..... and No <br />
If good parenting results in polite, well adjusted hard working happy children - then something has gone wrong somewhere. <br />
Yes there are good kids, but there seems to be a hell of a lot more selfish yobs who want a free ride, and dont mind attacking people, stealing etc to get it. <br />
OK - is that just a perception because they are the only kids who ever make it into the papers or onto the news? A little I think, but I have come across a lot of selfish, arrogant, rude, aggressive kids out there. Parents have to take some of the blame - as do the government who's half baked policies, trendy ideas, poor schooling and teachers, and no consequences legal system have also contributed. <br />
Then of course there is the media who seem to say you dont have to work for anything, just get on some moronic (talent not required) reality TV show and you will be a megarich star in a couple of months -

Best Answer

theres no such thing as good parenting mainly becuase every child is different, and every child learns and grows different. If the child grows up responsible, hard working, kind, caring, lovable etc. Then the parents have achieved there jobs. Thats about it really

Best Answer

Good parenting is being a "parent" not a "buddy" to your children. I am not here to live my life through my kids...but to teach them to live theirs. I have respectful kids that are also commpassionate and they are kids. They make mistakes, they get into trouble but they know I love them but I also believe in discipline as well and boundries.

Best Answer

There is such a thing as good parenting, but some children are naturally more difficult to raise than others. It might be that no parent alive could have subdued the most difficult child, and it may be that even the nicest child might come from the worst parents, and everything in between.<br />
Good parenting is about adapting your methods to the child in question.

Best Answer

i'm dubious about that theory - i think we're 99% nurture and we exaggerate the natural difference - we talk about our nature but mostly we are talking about our conditioned nature - if we share half our DNA with a tree and 98.whatever with a chimpanzee, how much do you think we share with another person of the same race?

Best Answer

i agree with your last sentence but i'm dubious about your first idea - i think we're 99% nurture and we exaggerate the natural difference - we talk about our nature but mostly we are talking about our conditioned nature - if we share half our DNA with a tree and 98.whatever with a chimpanzee, how much do you think we share with another person of the same race?

Best Answer

It can be defined but the words themselves that describe it are going to seem horribly vague and nebulous to many people. I think however it's all about loving with the right kind of attachment, and about not defining things so much as responding to them.

Best Answer