gullibleboy gullibleboy 18-21, M 14 Answers Jan 11, 2011

depends how much empathy you have given this situation. This is why not everyone can be a doctor or a policemen as it takes a certain type of personality to give the bad but necessary news. Investigating a crime you are just as professional. The goal is to catch who did it rather than focus on the lost of a young life.

Best Answer

for me it would be breaking the news the kids parents, with that said, it would make me all the more determined,to find the person or persons responsible for it.

Best Answer

For me, definitely the latter. At least while investigating I would take satisfaction from doing something to help make sure it was not done again by this person.<br />
Telling distraught parents their kid is dead and just having to stand there and wait for them to come to their senses would be far harder for me.

Best Answer

what i think BOTH!!!!!

Best Answer

I couldn't do either which is why we a professionals who investigate crimes who probably cry for the victim in private and ministers and such who tell parents about a murdered child and then who probably cry for the child in private. Or they are like a friend of mine who was six years short of retirement as a patrol officer for the local Sheriff and one day he was maintaining security at the crime scene of a murdered child and he just walked away from his pension.

Best Answer

Telling the parents.... at least with the investiagtion you are an outsider trying to bring closure for a crime committed. Telling a parent your child was murdered would be too painful for me.

Best Answer

Telling the parents because once they get your drift the hard part is done, from there you just need to tolerate their emotions

Best Answer

It depends on the person. I personally would have no problem telling someone their loved one is dead; as long as it wasn't my fault I have no reason to feel bad. They are better off knowing than not knowing. But a more empathetic person might have a different answer.

Best Answer

I couldn't live if something happened to any of my children. Telling a parent that their child is dead would be horrible.

Best Answer

the latter>telling the family and breaking their heart is harder to do

Best Answer

the investigation. seeing, experiencing it first hand. hmm, that's ob<x>jectively. personally, hearing it would be awful. can't really say, i'm not an investigator.

Best Answer