I just had a cry this morning. I was reading a very touching story in a group called 'I miss my Mom who has passed away'. I related to it and I got to thinking about my own Mom. How much she loved me, how thoughtfully she cared for me and how much I miss her. A sensation washed over me and tears welled up and started falling. It wasn't a so called 'good cry' where I could just let it out. I felt a tightness around my temples and I was aware that I was holding back. But Why? I am all alone and there is nothing to be ashamed of. The same thing happens when I am involed in a movie that touches an my emotions. Evidently I have been conditioned through life not to express those feelings. Crying is a sign of weakness, Admire the man who controls his feelings and disdain the one who doesn't. What are the things we do or say to young boys to create this feeling? I realize the benefits of a good cry and I need to, but how? I guess each man has to come to terms with it in his own way.
1blujay 1blujay 46-50, M 32 Answers Feb 24, 2010

I don't bother much about crying when alone. When I was a child boys were always jeered at for crying, and it was invariably women who did this, as most children are surrounded by women in their formative years. It amuses me now when women critisise men for not being 'in touch' with their emotions.

Best Answer

it's probably yer testosterone is low, ya big boob!<br />
jk jk jk

Best Answer

My boyfriend cries more than I do...

Best Answer

At least you're questioning the validity of this phenomenon!<br />
I think it's just cruel to deny any person this needed outlet for emotion.

Best Answer

I just don't see the big deal with men that cry. I don't have a problem with it and why would I? Be yourself not a victim of society.

Best Answer

Very touching...i hate to see a grown man cry because it hurts me to see it but there is absolutely nothing wrong in letting it all go.

Best Answer

I think that a man that is crying shows his enemy he has won. I don't want man crying when I need him to protect me, I want to see strength.

Best Answer

I very rarely cry about anything. I operate on the old teaching that crying doesn't solve anything. Over the years it has just become something that I don't do. I cried when I lost my children, I cried when my dogs died but mostly I comfort my girls when they cry. Thats more my nature. Any man who feels the need to cry is still OK with me. It's not really some kind of law. I just doesn't work for me most of the time.

Best Answer

i dont see anything wrong if a man cry for any reason what so ever. 1, he is a human being with the same feeling like a woman. and that is called human. 2. this world as the notion is week men that cries, but for me its a strong man who cries who is not afraid to be human and to let the world know, 3. they would be less crimes of passion if men cried ,. it the holing on of emotion that is the leading causes of certain crimes , suppressed emotions, and it s like a volcano only when it can take no more it explodes. human beings be it man or woman were made with all the same feelings . pain .joy saddnes, fear ,furstration ,name it why should we be tagged any different, tears are good for our eyes, its a mechanisam that god created to keep our eyes from drying out, i f we cried more whether we are happy or sad, tears are not only for the sad , but the extreme happy person . the drugs store would sell less, medication for dry eyes, so men dont be afraid to express your emotions, i give you a secret women loves when a man show a side of emotion, she knows he realy knows how to love, and for the record, jesus wept.

Best Answer

What do we do or say? Well, I can still remember my mother's taunts of "Stop acting like a ******* baby." (or two year old), or "I'll give you something to cry about.", in the most hateful, and uncaring voice possible.

Best Answer

I hate that...my dad grew up teaching my brothers that boys who cry are punks....my mom agreed but she changes it...I for one think theres nuthing wrong with it...Guys have feelings, why the hell cant they cry..<br />
me personally if my boy or guy friend needed to cry I would be there for them like they would for me. I would try to comfort then in my own awkard way...its nuthing to be ashamed of...<br />
but like someone said before me...When i see a grown man cry it does hurt because something has to be seriously wrong for him to shed tears like that...and it hurts me for the fact that he is hurting

Best Answer

Men have tear ducts .. its about time they learn how to use them ..Its Normal...

Best Answer

Single mothers and/or a lack of testosterone.

Best Answer

Hey its no big deal for real men to cry or women, if a man is a real man regardless of what people say or think of them crying it just shows that they are really human they also have a right to cry just like us woman. My bf's mom and dad died when he was just 12 and 13 yrs old and he cries about it at times, I see nothing wrong with it but admire him more, because he's realized that only wimps do not show there emotions and real people do, after all they are only human like the rest of us!!

Best Answer

A good cry cleanses the soul, cry if you need to.

Best Answer

Why feel bad about having feelings? I think all people cry when they are overwhelmed. I have never made my son feel bad about crying. Now if he has a tantrum and breaks things thats a different story. I don't mind men crying, it just means you guys are human. And just for the record the women in my life told me that big girls don't cry either.<br />
I held stuff in for too long as a result. Everyone needs release from painful feelings.

Best Answer

Thats true about the public perception of crying for males.<br />
In the 1940's, big boys don't cry, was the go. But thankfully my generation broke the myth.<br />
When my youngest was 9 and he played footy, I would tell him if he got hurt don't be afraid to cry, he had his face rubbed in the ground one day, and he told me that when he cried all the dust ran out!!<br />
My eldest son, 43, gives his dad a kiss and hug, when he leaves our company, a beautiful sight for me.<br />
In the end I think it is how you were brought up, but men are no different to women as far as emotions go and the older you get you will expierence that.

Best Answer

I think at one time men were taught that they shouldn't cry or they weren't a real man.I myself feel that a man is not a real man unless he can show his true emotions..even crying.

Best Answer

I don't often cry. The fact that neither my Dad nor any of my male role models ever cried in front of me probably has a lot to do with it. They never told me that crying was weak or made fun of me when I cried, but by watching them in times of tragedy or sorrow I learned to emulate them. They were the ones that the everyone else counted on for support, strength and wisdom and, for them crying got in the way of that. When I was 12 my father was disabled in a car accident, I became his caretaker and the one he depended on. Crying became a luxury, I often couldn't afford. I'm sure there are many men just like me. Its not a macho trip, it's just what we know.

Best Answer

It’s hard for a man to admit it, but I think all men cry. I know I do – and sometimes at the most inappropriate times! I too have been told (as someone else mentioned) that women love men who cry.

Best Answer