My mother-in-law is really not so bad, as long as I get her in small doses. Frotunately, they live a thousand miles away so I only see them a couple of times a year. She doesn't do any of the normal MIL things that most people complain about, she just tends to be a bit louder than most people and gets really excited over little things. When we're just sitting around chatting, though, we get along really well.

Best Answer

lucky you lol

Best Answer

I had a great mom-in-law with my ex-husband. She was full of sound and sage advice. It is probably what kept us married past her death. My love for her.<br />
My mom on the other hand was his Mother-In-Law-From-Hell as he called her. I have to agree with him. My now husband lost his mom when he was in his late teens so I never got to meet her, but from what he has told me about her. We would have gotten along well :) He has yet to meet my mom... That is why were are probably still married! HAHAHAHA!

Best Answer

hahaha oh wow

Best Answer

Just to flip the perspective around :<br />
What is it with the daughter-in-laws ? Or they all like that ?

Best Answer

ive never heard complaints about daughter in laws....but interesting perspective

Best Answer

Oh, loads of them actually... We just have to ask in their circles about what is their take on their daughter-in-laws... In my view, it is the world's largest and oldest unresolved domestic issue that spans cultures, religions and countries... At the center of it is the requirement from one party that 'it is always the other party that has to change'. Or another variant, 'I ve changed myself but she refuses to change', which is another way of saying, I expect her to change NxN times of how much I've changed... Yet, any daughter-in-law-mother-in-law that have succeeded in harmony have always done it by either coming midway and one of them going even the extra, double extra mile in the short term to accomplish long term happiness...
Of course, I am not married, so I won't know best :) :) All hearsay and outpourings from friends, men and women, young and old, daughers-in-law and mothers-in-law... :) :)

Best Answer

Yuo mean with the big fangs and the big ol nasty mole on the chin with 3 hairs in it. Yeah its kind of their uniform

Best Answer

Add mine to the HORRIBLE list. She always has had issues. When we were dating if we were sitting too close or laughing too much together she would come over and sit on us to make us move apart. Then she would sit in between us. She bawled everytime he had to drive back up to college, two hrs from her. Freaking psycho. Definitely could not handle her son leaving her alone, let alone him loving another woman. She always introduced me to relatives as her sons *friend*...nothing more. I always corrected her by saying *girlfriend* and got a dirty look from her. Since we have had kids and gotten married she has gotten a million times worse! Has put us through hell. Currently pregnant with baby 3 and putting off telling her as long as possible, she is never happy about having another grandchild she just cries and says hurtful things, then ignores me for 9 months. Husband is going to ban her from our place if she pulls her whiny crap again.....anyway...yes! seems far too many MILs are horrible and crazy. My mom is great my husband loves her and my dad and family. Definitely vowing to be like my mom when my kids begin dating and not like my MIL. I refuse to be like that, ick.

Best Answer

sounds like a narcissist

Best Answer

oh wow...i would have been lost it with her

Best Answer

pretty much, they are awesome.

Best Answer

they fear u would do to their boy wat they did to their husbands

Best Answer

I have one thing to say to you....<br />
www.motherinlawhell.com<br />
make friends with every wife on the planet.

Best Answer

sadly never had a mother in law I hope we would have got along, my husband truly loved her

Best Answer

I had a bad one, she thought her boy was the golden child!! ARGHH Im glad I dont have to see her anymore!

Best Answer

Mine nags me when she can't get in touch wih him because he's ignoring her...

Best Answer

Mine is awesome : )

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer

Yes Cheltsy, I'm afraid they are.<br />
Every single one of them......has a son or daughter who gets married.<br />
Go figure!<br />
p.s. Anyone know the collective noun for Mothers-in-law? Would it be a "haggle" or maybe a "nag" of....

Best Answer

my mother in law cool.

Best Answer