Im serious. What is LOVE? the chinese I believe have 6 different words for love- because there are different kinds. What is romantic love? I go through all the ideas in my mind...is it that thing that makes you not care about any of your partners faults, the things that in anyone else you'd hate? OR is that infatuation? Is it the thing that allows you to forgive your partner when they break your heart by cheating on you, or is that stupidity? Is it that thing that makes you unable to stop thinking about them, you crave to see them, be near them, hold them...or is that obsession? Is it that thing that you feel, that ever so faint feeling, that connection,that even though you think: I can not stand this person, I can not live with them!!! .......but my life is in shambles without them...or is that fear of moving on? uhha. you see my dilemma. What is love? Really, what is it? Does love have to be requited for it to be love? or can love be unrequited? is it still love? hhhmm what is love
polkio polkio 26-30, F 11 Answers Jan 17, 2013 in Romance & True Love

There are 3 different loves...1. Agape...2. Philli...3.Euro....Agape,the love of "God" with no attactment, given "Freely".....Phili,the brotherly love....Euro,the intimate love of two human beings. Love is giving of yourself to others and it's "Selfless".

Best Answer

Love it! I literally just remembered agape!! and posted a comment below lol

Best Answer

Don't know much about the others, will look into :-)

Best Answer

Glad you liked it,yes look them up....have a good day....;))

Best Answer

when this Q was asked before a 30 yr old woman answered with this :<br />
Love is kind with a smile and a hug, a warm embrace, a kiss on the forehead, a light brush of a hand over your loved one’s cheek, a warm hand on your back when waking in the night from nightmares. It is crying with someone when they are sad, offering your strength and carrying them when they can’t be strong anymore, it’s shielding them from the world when they cry and not let anyone see their naked pain but you. It is protecting one another from the world outside, giving and receiving in every aspect. Love is giving the other the space to be themselves but to love and be loved in return, to build hopes and dreams together and make it possible for one another to achieve it. Love is happiness, adoration and glorying in the miracle of the product of their love, a child... Love is felt in a cloud of understanding, comforting and content silences where the love can be tasted in the air surrounding two souls, where it is so thick that if it should suddenly burst, every person in the world in every corner of the world would receive a tiny little piece of it. Love is one soul split in two with two hearts beating as one and when they come together two bodies become one, two minds become one and then time stands still as it is how love was meant to be.

Best Answer

"Baby don't hurt me! No more."

Best Answer

"Oh, I don't know why you're not there
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong
Gimme a sign"

Best Answer

Amazing and horrible

Best Answer

I think it's just an emotional state, and just like any other emotional state, it can change. Basically a state of feeling deep affection towards someone, which is as temporary as any other emotion, and can change on a whim.

Best Answer

The common thing that I saw in all kinds of love was: You forget about yourself; you only care about her (or maybe him in your case...maybe).<br />
Since we spend most of our life obsessing about ourselves, it's a new country to walk around in.

Best Answer

You've made me remember something, thanks. The idea that real love is selfless. So I think I may have my answer. Love is selfless. Silly me, this question was answered some 2,000 years ago! Love is Agape!! Agape:"Many have thought that this word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtful love"

Best Answer

Uh, Sorry. Love is selfless is like saying love is not about self. Describing something by what it's not is a step backward. My point was: Love is when you care only for him/her.

Best Answer

For me love is like FOOD ... for soul .. ;-)))

Best Answer