It's the branch of Communism that kickstarted the whole parade. Maoism, Leninism, Stalinism, Trotskyism, etc. are all derived from the writings of Marx.

Best Answer

It claims to be a science that explores the relationship between society and the means of production. It's really just a failed ideology.

Best Answer

So's capitalism, but it's taking a bit longer to implode.

Best Answer

Capitalism doesn't, and has never existed and never could.

Best Answer

I'll agree that pure, undiluted capitalism doesn't exist, it's had an immense amount of influence in the form of its bastard offspring.

Best Answer

No, capitalism cannot exist. For capitalism to exist would require goods and labour to have an objective value.

Best Answer

Yes, but the many offshoots of capitalism function by applying a subjective value to goods and labour and pretending it's objective. Hence, while capitalism doesn't exist per se, its basic tenets still have a heavy influence in Western society.

Best Answer

Nope, "capitalism" is a 19th century misunderstanding of the free market, it's a simulacra, not a real world economic system. Socialism is actually a more realistic and more workable economic system than capitalism. Under capitalism trade would be impossible, literally one person couldn't even barter with another.

Best Answer

I agree that socialism is much more viable, but to say that capitalism has no influence whatsoever on the modern workings of society is, well, wrong.

Best Answer

The idea of capitalism has had more impact than capitalism for the simple fact that there has never been capitalism. It's a Marxist term for a Marxist fairy tale. The differences between "capitalism" and the system that gets labeled capitalism are so vast that calling what we have, and especially calling the more liberal economics of the 19th century capitalism would be incorrect.

Best Answer

You know what, you've got me there. Well played.

Best Answer

Not bad yourself.

Best Answer

It is a form of primitive Communism.

Best Answer

Same as Engelism but written by Marx.

Best Answer

It's main tenant is the elimination of classes and class struggle<br />
Doin your homework?

Best Answer

Haha, maybe! Nope, I was reading a book on feminism and it keeps bringing up Marxism, so rather than go off and study what that was I thought I would ask on here to make it simple so I can carry on reading my book ;)

Best Answer

Good work, keep learning and stay engaged

Best Answer

An economic system ba<x>sed on the principles proposed by Karl Marx in the book Das Kapital.

Best Answer