In a lot of cases, it isn't worth the cost of the paper. But to answer your question, money is a tangible representation of a favor you performed for someone else. You do something for someone and you get a token in return that you can trade for other goods and services created by others.

Best Answer

bartering was easier

Best Answer

Yes, but it means that everyone must be completely honest in their trades. As soon as someone becomes less than honest, the whole system breaks down.

Best Answer

A power but a curse

Best Answer

The root of all evil or the key to happiness (depending on your outlook on life).

Best Answer

It isn't worth the paper it's written on. A guy on TV talked about that. He said to take a $/£20 to the bank, hand it over and say: "I've come to collect my £/$20". They would be puzzled, if not amused, and wonder what it was that you wanted. Paper money is only ever worth *real* money when it's exchanged for gold. Going way back, paper currency was exactly that; you gave gold to the Bank and they gave you a Promissory Note to the *exact* value of the gold, and when you decided you wanted your gold back, you took the Note back to the bank and they gave you your gold back. Somehow, I don't think it would work like that today ... LOL<br />
Money is a medium of exchange; you buy a new coat, you give paper and metal coinage to aquire it. If you purchase by card it's just numbers moving from one place to another and the 'paper' that's in your Bank is decreased.<br />
That's the simple explanation ... hahaha.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Money is paper that can buy you happiness....depending on how much you have.It can also cause you to have a lot of enemies and haters....Again depending on how much you have.

Best Answer

hey believe me you dont have to have money to have haters ...im a broke assed ***** and i got everybody hating on me...hi haterz..xx

Best Answer

Ur damn sure rite about that! Some ppl will hate on stupid shyt.Ur shoes could be cleaner than theirs and they'll get mad and start hating.lol but forreal

Best Answer

It might as well be shackles.

Best Answer

we are all slaves...im a slave to the rhythm ask grace jones

Best Answer