BlackSuperman BlackSuperman 36-40, M 21 Answers Jun 17, 2012

It's the human condition - when we have what we NEED in life we don't even consider it and our entire focus is solely on what we want. When a need is taken away from us (for instance I'm laid up with a broken pelvis right now and NEED to scratch my foot but can't!) we suddenly become very humble and forget about our indulgent desires. We're pretty fickle creatures really. Before my accident I was suffering with depression and was wallowing in self-pity, feeling hard done by because I didn't have everything I wanted in life. Suddenly I'm not even thinking about all that crap - all I want is to be able to put my own socks on!!!!!

Best Answer

yeah but what did you NEED

Best Answer

What did I need when hon? I probably didn't make my point vey well - blame the meds!!! I'm saying that what we need is more important than what we want - but we will never think of it that way as long as our immediate needs are being met

Best Answer

What I need. Ever looked back on your life and were thankful that sometimes you DIDN'T get some of those those things you thought you wanted?

Best Answer

When my daughter was younger and Wanted something I used to ask her if she needed it. After a bit of thought the answer usually was no. She still operates that way. Though every now and again it's nice to get something small that you want!

Best Answer

Having what you need. A society free from need; free from want of sustenance and shelter, secure in health and employment, is a free society. That is why the 1%, the owners of our society want you to remain needy - because then you are easy to control.

Best Answer

What I need. I've lived without a lot so I appreciate the smallest necessity.

Best Answer

Having what I need in life, because it will give you want you need.

Best Answer

having what you need in life

Best Answer

I personally would say a balance needs to be achieved. If you're never achieving or.being awarded wants, desires or goals met, why bother...

Best Answer

Truly knowing the difference.

Best Answer

I can work for my needs, for everyday needs...but having a chance to get what you want in life is a like punching ur fist to the moon up there.

so I'd rather get what I want in life if it would make me happy and complete rather than stay on track just like anybody else.

Life is so short to hold on too much...

Best Answer

I'm thinking those overlap a bit? If I need it, then I will usually want it, especially if it's something like food, shelter, love, etc. I guess there are things that my body needs that I might not recognize as such. And there are certainly things that I might want that wouldn't necessarily be good for me.

So...after contemplation....I'll say needs are more important. Without certain basic needs being met, you can't even stay alive.

Best Answer

What you need, of course.

Best Answer