When I was younger I got into a horse back riding accident and ended up snapping my humorous bone (ha ha) in half. Your radial nerve wraps right around your humorous bone, so because I had a clean break, it stretched my radial nerve about six inches. I was the second person in Knoxville (where I was living at the time) to have to use this strange contraption thing, because a cast would've covered my entire arm. <br />
So, the day before they got rid of my temporary cast and put on 'the contraption,' I fell down a flight of stairs. Whether it was the severe amount of pain killers or just my clumsiness, I don't know. I ended up hitting my funny bone (ha ha) three or four times. But your funny bone only hurts you because it's the nerve that wraps around your humorous and under your elbow. So when I hit it, I not only slammed my newly, clean-broken humorous bone, but I also suffered from more nerve damage because of the trauma the radial nerve went through between the break and the fall. <br />
I had to quit volleyball in high school because every time I set the ball I got called for a double touch! Although I should have gone to physical therapy, I didn't. The majority of my nerve grew back together without needing surgery or anything, but it was a long 6 months. Even now if I keep my wrist in an awkward position for too long you can actually see the nerve in my wrist making my skin bunch up from it's spasms. Bleh!

Best Answer

Wow! That sounds like a never ending story of pain! You were strong to get through it!! BTW, I love that you played volleyball!
My all time favorite Sport!!!

Best Answer

Yeah thankfully I live near the beach so I can play whenever. But I have to say, it was 6 months of really really strong pain medication. I never take medication for anything, even then, so it was doubly effective.

Best Answer

Me either. I hate taking medicine, not that I'm a baby, just that i like my immune system to grow it's own defenses.

Best Answer

I mean I had always planned on going to school for art, but I was hoping to still play, either for school or for recreation. I had been playing for four years when I quit, but I wasn't devastated by it or anything. It was actually probably for the best, because I needed to get a portfolio together at the time!

Best Answer

Ah I was by no means a volleyball all star. It was just a fun past time for me. Quitting, although sad, helped me focus on what would get me into college!

Best Answer

Indeed!

Best Answer

I get irritated very quickly by technical noises, especially quiet ones.

Best Answer

That i don't drink beer,lots of people ask my friends ,WTF,Bob doesn't drink beer??<br />
I can't find the taste buds for it...but i love Crown,lol<br />
B.

Best Answer

Wow, i don't drink beer either. But maybe once and a while. Like if i were to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I will drink a Stella Short.

Best Answer

A stella,wow,i'll have one a those in a blue moon or Corona,something very watery...with my wings,lol

Best Answer

lol, but like i said, i don't really drink beer. not my favorite kind of liqueur. I'm more of a long island girl.
if i finish mine before yours. believe me i will help you finish yours, :)

Best Answer

Ooouu long island..mmmmmmm i love those and if i finish mine before you,i'll help you finish yours..lol
i had maybe 3 beers last year...

Best Answer

lol. i will probably finish mine first.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I had my right-side wisdom tooth extracted ten years ago. I was zapped out whilst he did this with another Dental Surgeon to assist him, so I felt nothing at all. When I came around, my tounge felt icy-cold; I didn't think anything about it. Two weeks later I went back to my Dentist who said it would return to normal. Three months later, it was still the same. I changed Dentist but never discussed this incident. Two years on, the right side of my tongue was still numb; feels cold and sometimes get a sharp pain.<br />
Eventually went to my GP, he referred me to Hospital. The specialist I saw stuck needles into the right side of my tongue; I couldn't feel them. He told me the Dentist had severed the Linguil Nerve, that he should have used a shield to prevent the knife from doing this and,clearly, he had not used it. In the end I sued him.<br />
The feeling will never return. The right side of my tongue will *always* remain numb and feel cold. I notice it more when I think about it (like, right now) So ... It's rare that it happens, no-one can 'see' I have a problem there and it will be forever numb and feeling cold :)<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Damn, that sucks. You got to be careful.
When i got my four pulled, my tounge was hard to manage, and i bit it, and it started bleeding, i never would notice unless my friend hadn't told me it was bleeding.
That must be awful to live with that forever.

Best Answer

LOL@ "Bloody hell" I see you are from good ol' England ... LOL

Best Answer

I love the English. . . I'm going to England! Well, hopefully. :)

Best Answer

You are? Well ... Make sure you pack a good few heavy sweaters and big coats. Also, make sure you have a good umbrella ... OH! And also (hahaha) make sure you bring a LOT of cash and lastly ... Think HARD if you are going to hire a care; the price of fuel will cause you to faint .... trust me, it will! ... hahaha

Best Answer

Oh my, Do you even want me over there? lol
Or are you trying to hinder me? lol

Best Answer

Oh surely not! On behalf of the entire nation I invite you to come over here! I just thought I would be helpful and give you a few good and honest tips before you start packing. Come on over! (with a wad of money that you will need ... lol) ;-)

Best Answer

lol, well, i will let you know the day i pack lol

Best Answer

ok, just watch my profile, You could understand !

Best Answer

I will go checkit out!

Best Answer

ok

Best Answer

I looked at your profile and didn't really get what the strange fact about you was.

Best Answer

lol, thanks. I'm glad about the fact You find Julie !

Best Answer