SiennaRain SiennaRain 26-30, F 12 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Parenting & Family

pla<x>yers

Best Answer

The need for a decent education. I was always taught to just go out and get a job... start working as much as possible... until I realized how embarrassing some lines of work can be. I'll say this, it's hard to see somebody who is only six years older than me being a DR, while I'm scrubbing toilets... ugh.

Best Answer

That's so true! Hey it's never too late :) we know now right?

Best Answer

That is true. I am currently in the process of going back to school right now!

Best Answer

I wish mum hadnt let me start smoking.

Best Answer

Aww! I wish mine would stop nagging me to quit :D

Best Answer

I am quitting :-P

Best Answer

I'm trying - new years resolution. Good luck pal :)

Best Answer

Thanks... and good luck to you too :-) You defo wont regret it!!! Oooo one tip... bag up the contents of your ashtray on quit day then if you want a smoke have a sniff of that... works for me

Best Answer

That's great tip! Thanks heaps, here's to healthier 2013!

Best Answer

Your very welcome!!! Good luck!!!

Best Answer

I wish they would have been more understanding and open, they were always so distant towards me so I never got to learn much from them. They don't talk about their past very often with me too. Like, I had to find out via family members that my mom had been engaged and my dad had been married before they met!? I think it's not normal to find that out from another person in stead from your parents themselves. They always tried to make me live my life the way they wanted but never with an explination. If I'm going to be a parent, I will try to be more open with my children so that they can actually learn from my mistakes in stead of making the same ones.

Best Answer

I agree, I'm lucky my parents were the understanding type, sometimes they were too over protective. I found out a similar story to yours though about my parents. Years ago a family member told me my moms parents didn't approve of my dad because he was 10years her senior, so hardly anyone went to their wedding. But funny now, my grandparents love my dad &amp; have so much respect for him.

Best Answer

Heheh, sometimes those things just work out by giving it time^^ I guess your grandparents just had to see by time what good man and father he is ;-)
My parents were really overprotective too, especially my dad but they had weird ways of showing it to me... Like, they almost never hugged me but would constantly get mad if I wanted to go out or do things they didn't approve of. When they would have to work late, they always made sure my grandparents would pass by the house to check on me and such things. I know they love me very much, I just wish I could have built a more stronger bond with them. I don't understand how I turned out to be so compassionate and loving while they weren't that good at showing it, obviously, that's not something I learned from them lol =p

Best Answer

They sound like my best friends parents, she would say the same things you're saying about her parents. But they definitely love you, some people just find it harder to show it than others, but little gestures like getting your grandparents to check up on you prove it. Give them a hug out of the blue some time, they'll love it!

Best Answer

I learned by time they love me by those little things they do. I took me a while to realise it so we had many fights during my teenage years lol. I guess it was just a part of growing up. What they did learn me from that, is that there is sometimes more to people than the eye can see=) They also did teach me that we have to work hard if we want to have nice things and nothing comes by itself. I do give them a hug sometimes but it just feels so forced and unnatural. But who knows, maybe time will solve that too =D

Best Answer

They sound lovely :) yep I agree over time &amp; before you know it it'll come naturally :)

Best Answer

So what's the thing you wish they learned you?

Best Answer

I wish they taught me more to be mean, I can be way too nice sometimes and people take advantage of that. I wish they could've told me more that there will be selfish people who will not be afraid to use you, and given me few more tips/lessons on why I should stand up for myself more.

Best Answer

I wish my parents had cared more about my school.

Best Answer

I wish I cared more about my schooling :D

Best Answer

How manipulative and deceiving other people and/or groups can be (especially media).It is actually part of the curriculum in public elementary schools now, but it certainly wasn't when I was young.

Best Answer

Yes!! That's a really good one! I wish mine told me that too. Let's be sure to tell ours :)

Best Answer

If you give up something in childhood you will probably regret it much later in life.

Best Answer