Trichotillomania is one of the self-induced primary psychiatric disorders. ... trichotillomania is a kind of alopecia, namely loss of hair from skin, ...Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity.[2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to egocentrism.

Best Answer

The person is preoccupied with their own self...mabey their image.....?

Best Answer

Without googling, I'm thinking that Alopecia is baldness...and that self induced alopecia is when someone becomes bald on purpose. lol Could be that I'm way off ba<x>se.<br />
NPD is something I'm more familiar with. It refers to someone who meets certain criteria, which includes lack of empathy for others, self absorption, a sense of grandiosity, an ability to manipulate and charm, and the tendency to need admiration.

Best Answer
Best Answer

They are not related. Self induced alopecia, is someone pulling their hair can causing boldness. That could be related to stress, self induce stress, or even a compulsive disorder. My mother does it with her nails, and her face. She scratches her nails off, and the end result is that she gets her face creating scubs, then she picks at those scabs over and over, until her face becomes a map of scabs. That is a compulsive behavior.
She also has NPD. That is a personality disorder. She targets someone and she won't stop until she destroys that person. Sometimes her NPD strategies to destroy someone and her nail and face picking come together.

Best Answer