2ndhandjunk 2ndhandjunk 46-50 14 Answers Dec 6, 2012 in Health

Nothing.

Best Answer

Besides how much it will cost, that it will force people to buy healthcare, make people reliant on the government even more than they already are, crush small businesses and what it will force Christian hospitals to offer (insurance that runs counter to their beliefs) ?

Best Answer

Government forces you to buy healthcare in Mass, Also homeowner's insurance (if you don't get a mortagage), and Auto insurance (in 49 states). It won't crush small businesses because they'll just lay off enough people to stay out of reach of the law. Also the seperation of church and state clearly calls for no religious argument can being valid to deny someone contraception, employment, federally sanctioned benefits, federal minimum wage levels, or allows ignorance of federal law, allows someone to be harmed irrevocably, or results in death. If a Christian hospital wants to keep it's liscense it will comply with federal laws because the church is run by men and men are subject to Man's Law while on earth. If they are citizens, if they operate within the country, they are subject to the same laws we all are. It's only fair.

Best Answer

First of all - I don't understand why you point out that one is forced to buy Healthcare in Massachusetts, as it pretty much adds nothing to support what you're saying. Auto insurance is required because it impacts others in the case of an accident involving others, not only yourself. Small businesses can't just lay people off like larger businesses can, your remark assumes they have an excess of employees. If a hospital is Christian, it should not be forced to offer insurance that runs counter to its beliefs, such a thing should be, and likely is, told to employees before they are hired. Furthermore, your remark presumes that I stated, "to deny someone contraception, employment, federally sanctioned benefits," which I clearly did not. They would be forced to offer insurance that COVERS such things, as I said. No one said anything about going outside the law.

Best Answer

Provided you understand it and have a basic sense of human decency I wouldn't say much at all is wrong with it. It's a band-aid to a larger problem.

Best Answer

When your British doctor friend works in the worst, dirtiest hospital in Baltimore and says to your Canadian doctor friend that this hospital is better in every way than the best hospital in the UK, and the Canadian nods in agreement.

But soon we will have medical care, UK style. That is the reasonable fear.

Best Answer

It is a tax increase on the middle class, pure and simple. Most doctors are against it even though the AMA endorsed it. Patient care quality is going to go down drastically in the next few years when Obamacare hits its stride. No amount of taxing the rich is going to save the middle class from getting soaked.

Best Answer

How is this a tax on the middle class? If you can afford insurance and CHOOSE NOT TO BUY IT you're penalized, if you can't afford insurance they're obviously not going to penalize you since they would have to offer a insurance plan to you which you have the CHOICE of refusing. The poor kids are almost always on government sponsered healthcare and their parents probably at least have hospital care insurance through work. The uninsured push up premiums because often they can't pay for care, and care can't be denied. EVERYONE I know has very conditional benefits through their work, or some kind of private or government funded option like medicare. Especially if they're rich, then they have a great insurance plan. So tell me again, how is a tax that nearly 98% of the population won't qualify for going to ruin the middle class?

Best Answer
Best Answer

I say again, How is a "tax" on the 2% of people who can afford to buy health insurance but choose not to, my problem?

Best Answer

So this is all about you then. Typical. You don't care about middle class families. How could you when you believe Obamacare won't affect them? http://blog.heritage.org/2012/03/07/the-10-terrible-provisions-of-obamacare-you-may-not-have-heard-of/
And people on Medicare are not losing out?
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/01/obamacare-robs-medicare-of-716-billion-to-fund-itself/
But of course, none of the people YOU know are going to get shafted. Guess what? The US is bigger than the sum of your friends.

Best Answer

The fact that the gov now has the power to force you to purchase a product.

next it will be a car or something else then its

the defunding of medicare.

The amount of people that are going to be moved from full to part time.

the fact that some companies are going to reduce their workforce to under 50 employees.

More money given to the IRS and more power.

Best Answer

So Obama's to blame for underhanded and perfectly legal but disgustingly shady ethics of a company who is greedy?

Best Answer

I am not forced to have a car.
want to try another dumb analogy?

Best Answer

and that is why the obamaites will learn they are wrong.and a depression coming from the tax hikes.

Best Answer

yes he is! he sold it to the people as it NOT being a tax. then when he got infront of scotus they changed their tune. so it is a tax. it is your duty to pay as little tax as possible . They found holes in the law. Dont blame the players blame the game.

Best Answer

I cant wait for the first payroll on the new year!
Going to LOVE to hear people screaming about how their paychecks have shrunk.
as for me. I will cut employees and work more hours.

Best Answer

@ southernstar2035
Russian Paper Compares Obama’s Fools to Stalin’s Fools. You have to take this seriously because who knows what useful idiots are better than the Russians? Forward comrade!
LOL

Best Answer

Nothing (if., only if you can tell me wtf it is)

Best Answer

Nothing..it's just the scapegoat the rightwing nuts use, to whine about....hmmm maybe we should take up a cheese collection so that they can have cheese with their whine.

Best Answer

Besides the fact that now some doctor can tell you what you need, and when you need it, and the fact that its going to bankrupt the country, don't know. We need more reasons not to want it?

Best Answer

Fact, this year saw the smallest increase in healthcare premiums in years.

Best Answer

Just look what happened to us Canadians! Do you want this to happen to you?

Best Answer

Hockey! Back bacon! Snow! FRENCH! Need I go on?

Best Answer

Apparently. But than again, most Americans can't read, write or spell, so how the hell would they know? Heck, most of 'our' voters are dead or illegal foreigners ( like our "king" )

Best Answer