lovelywings lovelywings 31-35, F 10 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Emotional Health

Split personalities refer to multiple versions of someone's self. The sybil and Dr. Jekyl responses are examples of Dis associative Identity Disorder. This is the disorder when multiple separate versions of one's self exist within one person. This is further extended as each personality is "split" or completely separate from an original personality.

Best Answer

It is technically dissociative identity disorder (DID). It is typically caused by extreme childhood trauma (such as repeated molestation). The mind dissociates to partition or dissociate away the painful parts away from the parts needed to live their life. It is somewhat similar to an extreme version of borderline personality disorder (BPD) or post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Best Answer

Your right, 99% of DID is created from sexual trauma in childhood, however PTSD under the DSM is quite different in diagnosis.

Best Answer

PTSD is sort of a precursor to a lot of different illnesses. That is why I included it for reference. People with DID and/or BPD often meet the criteria to be diagnosed with PTSD or complex PTSD.

Best Answer

you can google it you know!

Best Answer

I was about too, but a tiger comes to my office :D

Best Answer

tiger came to check on the cat...mew! :D

Best Answer

A 3 legged dog walks into a bar, and tells the bartender, "I'm looking for the man that shot my PAW!".....

Best Answer

Yes, No, ...Maybe...No, Yes,....Maybe....

Best Answer

If people become boring I split

Best Answer

2 completely DIFFERENT kinds of people in 1 body

Best Answer

Alternating personalities basically, have you ever seen Sybil with Sally Field? <br />
If not, then it's the complete divide or switch into another mind set of what would see to be someone else when really it's the same person :l

Best Answer

*seem sorry

Best Answer