Okay, So I'm (as you may be able to tell) partially African American but I'm so dark you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm mixed. Whenever I talk around a stranger or someone that I've just met, I'm constantly told that I don't talk black or that I talk really proper, as if they're surprised that I sound educated. I mean I get that there are extremely ghetto people and all, but I didn't realize that the way they talk is subjected to just one race. I mean as far as I'm concerned, there are two types of speech. Educated and uneducated. Not saying that people who use slang are stupid, but that it gives less of an educated feel. I know that sounded really stupid but what do you think?
Shayisboss Shayisboss 16-17, F 14 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Beliefs

Saying Nigga alot, thats what i see on the tv, yo' nigga

Best Answer

me too, im constantly told i sound like a white girl and i dont sound black, i guess black means speaking ebonics. ho smesso di parlare inglese.

Best Answer

Stereotypically talking like a black person. It's stupid.

Best Answer

I use slang and I can be eloquent and well spoken, and I'm black...what am I?

Best Answer

That sounds racist.

Best Answer

what do you mean?

Best Answer