You know the ones,such as the bunch that would not give blood even to save their child's life.
garvan garvan 46-50, M 64 Answers Oct 8, 2010

Invite them in and take them out the back yard for some tea. When you have made the tea, lock the back door and watch tv or go out and do your shopping.

Best Answer

Very funny,I do like that one!

Best Answer

It's not too much effort to be polite.<br />
But if the timing is really inconvenient, resist being too irritable.

Best Answer

Good advice and it never hurts to be polite. However, I'm too short-tempered to be accommodating to them. I have my own faith.

Best Answer

Leap into their arms and lick them on the face!<br />
This is what I do!<br />
meow! :)

Best Answer

Nice one.

Best Answer

Answering the door naked at least tends to shut them up, even if they do still stand there

Best Answer

That is funny.

Best Answer

Answer the door wearing only a towel and ask them if they've come to participate in the **** you and your neighbours are having currently at your house

Best Answer

Tell them you are a satanist and are offended..they won't come back. *grins*

Best Answer

That would work wonders,thanks.

Best Answer

Just tell them that you're "Wiccan" (The 'old' religion) and see if you can convert them. Presto, they're gone.

Best Answer

Answer naked.

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

Repent...... you sinner! : )

Best Answer

I will repent. Help me. "Save me". Except I'm a Warlock. Good luck in trying to "save" me. It will take an exorcist to rid me of my "sins". What they are.

Best Answer

Invite them in. Then, tell them YOUR views on their religion. Exactly how you feel about what they stand for. Don't pull any punches. Be very blunt. And don't give then a chance to talk at all. When they try, interrupt with your own words louder than theirs. They will eventually tell you they don't have to listen to what you are saying. That is when you tell them that the do so have to listen to you as they came to your door, and disturbed you in your home. Tell them that when you go and bother them at their home, that is when they can tell you all about their own beliefs. And say; "But of course, I won't because I have better manners than you do." <br />
I don't think they will come back to you again.

Best Answer

Don't answer the door. <br />
Whenever I see anyone I don't know, I just turn away. <br />
I don't care if they've seen me or not.

Best Answer

Look them squarely in the eye, put a huge smile on your face, extend a welcoming hand and say in your most booming confident voice: ' Its so good to talk to you - now when did you last get your windows replaced?' You can even use the opposite tactic for unsolicited telephone calls - but these people are pros and you need to rehearse a little - when you have confirmed your name and address ask them for theirs. Once given launch straight into the most vigorous religious nut speech you can think of!

Best Answer

That's easy: I just them that I'm gay and would love to invite them in. They run away faster than a chicken trying to escape from the Colonel.<br />
If that doesn't suit you, then fine. Just tell them: "Thank heavens you stopped by. I'm so desperate for money. Can you help me out?" Presto --- they're gone.

Best Answer

Not if they're persistent in "saving you". Saving you from whom? Them? I hate those who come to my door attempting to proslytize.

Best Answer

Answer the door completely naked and ask them to come on in. It never fails.

Best Answer

Be a Devil in Disguise.

Best Answer

I tried that --- but they know the devil when they see one. That only them more persistent in trying to save me.

Best Answer

i am a Christian, and I don't like people to invade my home with questions about my salvation.<br />
When another Christain group comes to my front door, I say thank you, take the pamplet and tell them I am already a believer.<br />
There is a certain sect, the sends missionaries out, and they are on two year missions funded by they church. The problem I have with them, is they use Jesus's name by saying, Do you know Jesus?<br />
Yet, after one is indoctrinated into that sect, they hear more about Joseph Smith, and Jesus gets left in the dust.<br />
When I am approached by these missionaries, I say yes, I know Jesus, but I wonder if you do and I say no thankyou, and close the door.<br />
I do apologize if I have affended anyone, but, this is my truth.

Best Answer

You haven't offended anyone. Your post is correct. Yet, what about those whom are Islamic, etc?

Best Answer

Teach your two year old to scream "GOD DAMMIT!!!! DOGGIE!!! GOD!!! DAAAAAMMMMITTTT!!!" whenever your dog barks because someone is knocking on the door. Make sure your child does this very close to the door with which they are knocking. <br />
Though I didn't intend on teaching my child to do this, he did this when the Jehovah's Witnesses came by, and we haven't had the knuckleheads visit since.

Best Answer

Nice one.

Best Answer

Preach back

Best Answer

I agree. Start chanting your own missives about your own faith --- and how you'd like THEM to join.

Best Answer

My door has a large "no soliciting" plaque on it. Most people understand that. For those who think they are special the door is answered by me wearing only a thin robe. (I'm usually naked at home) I go off on them and demand their home address so I can bother them at some crazy hour. I work nights so my schedule is opposite most everyone else's. Two in the afternoon is my two in the morning. It doesn't happen very often.<br />
I did remind one true believer that he was asking for problems. "Sir, it is getting dark. Most everyone on this street is armed. No one here knows you. You really need to think about what you are doing right now." I could see the gears turning in his head.

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer

look at them blankly and drool

Best Answer

Tell them you re a mormon and offer to share your literature with them. They can't get away from your door fast enough. My mother told me that years ago and it has worked for me every time. I don't have any mormon literature but they never stick around long enough to find that out.

Best Answer

Next time this happens to me I will do just that,thank you.

Best Answer