gingershuman gingershuman 36-40, M 7 Answers Sep 6, 2012 in Movies & TV

Many a contender out there, some say Citizen Kane, while others a bit more in the know vie for The Rules of The Game, for me I'm sorta edging towards Carl Dreyer's Passion of Joan of Arc, pure style, no make-up spelling out authenticity, crazy camera angles, exciting montage during the torture sequence, and is an emotional roller coaster ride, you really feel for Joan, her plight, and guess who the monk is who tries to console her towards the end, well it's none other than Antonin Artaud!!!

Best Answer

Yeah, Nosferatu I humbly put above Cabinet of Dr Caligari, it improved upon it. Those other two I've yet to see. A runner up to the Dreyer film would have to come from the 60's and I'd go for Bresson's Au hasard balthazar. I'm infatuated with Anne Wiazemsky, who ROCKS in Marco Ferreri's Seed of Man.

Best Answer

Love The Exterminating Angel, and I've seen that other one too, it's what made me seek out the Murnau film which introduced me to Werner Herzog's version. With Herzog my film oddysey took off in 2004.

Best Answer

The Godfather 1 2 3 and goodfellas and scarface and the dark knight greatest ever they are the perfect movies

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

what's up?

Best Answer

Hey, try out Josef von Sternberg's Underworld, an early influential gangster film :)

Best Answer

i will :))

Best Answer

Princes mononoke; any exhilarating escape from this state of mind and life! :)

Best Answer

Education for Death: The Making of the Nazi by Walt Disney.

Best Answer