StephanieDakin StephanieDakin 16-17, F 8 Answers Feb 6, 2012

Join the Marine Corps!

Best Answer

That could be an option. Or the Navy. We have the same picture for our profile haha.

Best Answer

I've a daughter in the Navy. It's one way to get the funds for college. She thought the travel and even the tiny berths and all the cleaning etc were super benefits. Like all work there are ups and downs but overall I think she is pleased with her choice.

Best Answer

That's cool and a possibility.

Best Answer

travel far far far away from your stupid hometown

Best Answer

If you really intend on going to college I suggest you go right away after high school. Why? The learning habit is still there, you still remember the work (math especially, LoL), and you will be of an age with all the other students. Going to college when you are older is a whole different experience, and has an entirely different value. Good luck.

Best Answer

Yeah, I agree. Thank you.

Best Answer

If you know what you want out of college/university, then go. Also, if you know how to tune out the idiots once you are there, then go. Otherwise, get a job. Hourly or military, it doesn't matter. Do something tough, dirty, loud, and frustrating. It will help you clarify what you really want. Whatever you do, don't just drift along. That is death.

Best Answer

Yeah. Good advice. What do you mean just drift along? You mean have a purpose?

Best Answer

It's easy to say at the end of the day/shift, "well, that's that. Time to watch some tube, get a beer, etc." Then, before you know it, you're living a Pink Floyd song. You have to spend some time, most every day, working at understanding yourself, what you really want, and how you are going to get it. At some point, you have to begin executing your plan -- and you still have to keep doing the thinking. Almost everyone you know will drift; I can practically guarantee it.

Best Answer

Yeah, exactly haha.

Best Answer

There is no ONE best thing to do after high school for everybody.

Best Answer

To each their own.

Best Answer