sherry123456789 sherry123456789 46-50, F 44 Answers Apr 1, 2010

i laugh because i know who i am, but more importantly, i KNOW what they are, and why they pretend to be what they want to be *smirk*

Best Answer

Hi the best way to deal with people that gossip and lie about you is to ignore the rude comments because they are trying to get a reaction out of you so don't let people get the best of you. Just pray for that person and know that God will deal with these people. Try never to get revenge on that person because it will make it worse. I have learned this for a very long time and usually the person will quit these games if you don't respond to their stupidity. I wish I could get to know you because you seem to me a good person.

Best Answer

I have recently had this happen to me and at first I was angry. But after the throbbing pain in my head cleared up I had a chance to really think about the situation. The one thing that kept creeping back into my mind was, "Why on Earth am I so important to this person, who claims not to like me, that they spend all this time and energy talking about me?" Then I really started thinking back and back...to where it all started. I learned from my psychology courses that most anger comes out of pain. So these terrible lies came out of their mouth due to anger..anger towards me. Fine. Behind that anger must be some pain. I realized this person was in pain and they were directing that pain towards me. I was causing them pain. So I decided, either I could talk to them about what it was I had done to hurt them so bad..if I wanted to pursue a relationship with them, OR I could ignore it and leave them alone. Did I want a relationship with someone who lashes out like when they feel pain? Nope. So I ignored it.

Best Answer

Ignore it - why should you explain anything to anyone?? You know your friends won't listen anyway, and they're the only people who matter really, aren't they? x

Best Answer

IGNORE! they HATE that

Best Answer

My first sponsor in a 12 step group told me don't worry about when people talk about you, pray for them. (Just worry when they stop talking about you). This made me laugh; and I stopped worrying about the lies they were saying. I prayed for them, and the gossip passed. The people that did this relapsed. I now realize everybody in this world, has a different cross to bear in life. We all need each other.

Best Answer

Turn lemons into lemonade. First, don't react, just watch and listen. When someone repeats the gossip to me, I just say: "Those that know me well, know the truth. Those that don't know me can either believe the gossip or get to know me. Those that want to believe the gossip are going to do that no matter what I do so I ignore that." ~ Sometimes even false and vile gossip can work to your advantage if you handle it just right. :-)

Best Answer

How about you start a really random rumour on top of the one already started!! Add in some juicy bits like "did you know I also did this and that and oh that as well" then let it fester..play up to the rumour and laugh!! All in a good days work!!

Best Answer

Ignore it. People feed off of you when you let them know it bothers you. It helps to look for the people who are on your side.

Best Answer

Go rigth up to them and confront them . plan and smiple

Best Answer

Own it

Best Answer

If its at work id tell you to confront them first, in private. Tell them you know what theyre saying and you will go to human resources and file a formal complaint. If they talk about you again they get fired. Also, gossipers hate confrontation as much as you hate their gossip. If you call them out they fear you because you wont put up with it.

Best Answer

If you contront them they might make you angry like my neighbour did and I shouted at her she got me so angry with all the bad stuff she did to me. she was grinning like a cheshire cat she would do things to wind us up all the time. I think she was a bit mental. I learnt it is best to ignore. It does hurt. These sorts are just selfish people they havent been taught how to properly behave. Pray for them too, even though you dont feel like it it makes you feel better.

Best Answer

First of all to the one that said kids don't lie. I think u meant vines! And I call bull@&:@ on that b/ c it usually always turns into more than what it was in the beginning. And as for gossip karma is a beautiful thing. Liars get caught and look stupid, people who assume end up looking like ( u get my point) and in the end the people gossiping all look like idiots who no one trust or care to associate with. That's the fun stuff to watch. So sit back and watch dominos fall!!

Best Answer

Me and a co worker almost got into a physical situation.. however the man downstairs didn't raise to the occasion.. didn't have a condom and wasn't trying to just go in like that. Anyhow next day rumors start flying throughout the work place I have a small, member, which isn't true. In flaccid state yes but above average in solid state. Ive never. Gone through anything like this bebefore. How do I manage to overcome this experience until I can move on???

Best Answer

Just ignore them. Honestly, it happened to me (and to a lot of individuals, I should say). And I know, deep in their bird's minds, they are still spreading gossip. Mine was worst because they accused me of something I didn't do. Everything is the result of jealousy and greed! I think the best thing for you to do is to do nothing. Ignore them. If they see that you are not reacting to whatever they do to you because you are not affected? They will stop! You win!

Best Answer

Apply high explosive ...repeat as necessary.

Best Answer

i can prove everything that has been said. and believe me it's not that much. but the vids don't lie....so get ready loser.

Best Answer

Depends what the gossip or lie is.<br />
1) Spread a rumour yourself, about the person who you suspect started it in the first place.<br />
2) Play up to the rumour, and pretend that it doesn't bother you, and that you actually THRIVE off it. Then the ob<x>jective of it goes out the window.<br />
3) Be creative, don't start a new rumour, but instead start an "edited" version of the rumour of you that's going around, about yourself. You get a Chinese Whispers effect.

Best Answer

People can say anything they want about me; as long as its not true.

Best Answer