MrsLaing MrsLaing 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 6, 2009

Farmer's Market

Best Answer

Meetup groups are a great way to go, as well as gyms, or maybe sign up for a recreational activity that your city manages.

Best Answer

first of all, find things you like to do in your new place. maybe there is a gym in town and you would like to join. you could totally meet new people there, and u would see them on a regular basis. <br />
just find some human contact. go to your neighbors' houses and introduce yourself. take some initiative! you might not even need to do that, though, as many times neighbors will - hopefully - notice someone new moving into a house on their street and go over to greet you. remember to be very open about the people you meet. it's quite easy to get a bad first impression :).<br />
best wishes!

Best Answer

Google Meetup.com for social groups in your area.

Best Answer

When I relocated to my present location I would take my dog walking in the park every afternoon. I met really nice people and their dogs and it was comforting to see smiling familiar faces every afternoon-- soon we were running into each other in the grocery and around town and have met genuinely nice people that way.

Best Answer

ok, i hope that your neighbors are friendly ones, just the other day a new neighbor moved in, they were there for 4 days i saw their open door, i knocked and say hello.. the woman (with a scowl in her face) looked up, asked why and what do i want told her that we are their neighbors next door and wants to be friend with them, she stood went in the kitchen then a man came out, we have a chit chat more or less 5mins at the porch then he was called and i bid goodbye.. i turned around to leave, 4 or 5 steps, i heard a loud "bang" omg, they slammed the door behind me lol, i was just trying to be friendly :(

Best Answer

Ok, you ready for this cliche answer? Join a class, club, or hobby group. You'll meet people with similar interests and it's personally never failed for me. I went through the same thing a year ago with my move and met some really great friends through a belly dance class!

Best Answer