MrsLaing MrsLaing 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 6, 2009

Farmer's Market

Best Answer

Meetup groups are a great way to go, as well as gyms, or maybe sign up for a recreational activity that your city manages.

Best Answer

first of all, find things you like to do in your new place. maybe there is a gym in town and you would like to join. you could totally meet new people there, and u would see them on a regular basis.

just find some human contact. go to your neighbors' houses and introduce yourself. take some initiative! you might not even need to do that, though, as many times neighbors will - hopefully - notice someone new moving into a house on their street and go over to greet you. remember to be very open about the people you meet. it's quite easy to get a bad first impression :).

best wishes!

Best Answer

Google Meetup.com for social groups in your area.

Best Answer

When I relocated to my present location I would take my dog walking in the park every afternoon. I met really nice people and their dogs and it was comforting to see smiling familiar faces every afternoon-- soon we were running into each other in the grocery and around town and have met genuinely nice people that way.

Best Answer

ok, i hope that your neighbors are friendly ones, just the other day a new neighbor moved in, they were there for 4 days i saw their open door, i knocked and say hello.. the woman (with a scowl in her face) looked up, asked why and what do i want told her that we are their neighbors next door and wants to be friend with them, she stood went in the kitchen then a man came out, we have a chit chat more or less 5mins at the porch then he was called and i bid goodbye.. i turned around to leave, 4 or 5 steps, i heard a loud "bang" omg, they slammed the door behind me lol, i was just trying to be friendly :(

Best Answer

Ok, you ready for this cliche answer? Join a class, club, or hobby group. You'll meet people with similar interests and it's personally never failed for me. I went through the same thing a year ago with my move and met some really great friends through a belly dance class!

Best Answer