Find a topic that you are interested in and do a study within the Bible of all of the references to that topic. Or you could do like my husband does and look at it as a piece of literature or history. He has studied the Bible from a geographical historical perspective. That is very interesting. There are Bibles like Thompson-Chain reference Bible that has pictures, maps and other pieces of information. This makes the Bible more understandable and more interesting.

Best Answer

The Bible is one of the Holy Books,<br />
which are the foundation of the Divine Education.<br />
The conditions for reading the Holy Books<br />
are patience, humility, purity, sincerity<br />
and independence of spirit.<br />
When the light of inspiration appears in one's<br />
heart, practice is necessary to secure spiritual <br />
progress.<br />
Christ sacrifies selflessly of the cross, and<br />
He calls all people to bear the cross after Him,<br />
if a person looks for earthly rewards or<br />
fearing sacrifice, he cannot understand<br />
other commands of Christ in the Bible.<br />
The way to read other Holy Books is the same.<br />
The are not books of physics, mathematics,<br />
chemistry...., but they bolong to Divine Philosophy<br />
which is the mother of all sciences, arts and <br />
newer branches of learning.<br />
That is why those rare Holy Books cause civilizations<br />
to flourihs under Buddhsim, Christianity, Islam...<br />
While no civilizations come out from human books.

Best Answer

talk to the author first

Best Answer

I always ask God to open my heart and mind to understand and Love his word. Works for me!<br />
Peace.

Best Answer

You have answered your own question in stating you have tried to read it like any other book,it can only be understood by having the same spirit within you that wrote it. 1Corinthians 2:14

Best Answer

Very True!
Peace.

Best Answer

It's Funny isn't it, they tell you it's the word of God, but it takes another man to tell you what it says. You think God could have made it clear enough for everyone to understand :)

Best Answer

Maybe this is because the Bible was written by many men and is not only the word of God. Man makes mistakes but God doesn't. Unfortunately the Bible got a little bit confused when so many people wrote it. I believe over 40 people took part in writing the Bible. Then in the New Testament there are 4 versions all slightly different from each other Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and the Gospel is only "according to" so this could mean only as they saw it or understood it not how it really was.

Best Answer

The apostles Matthew,Mark. Luke and John Did not write those gospels, They were just NAMED after them. They have been dated, to far after they were all Dead. :)

Best Answer

You could read studies on the sc<x>riptures so that you can understand the depth of what is being taught. The best place on the internet to learn about God is: http://www.iswasandwillbe.com/index.php

Best Answer

I suggest you start in the new testament with Matthew or John is what is known as God's love letter to his children so a good place to start.

Best Answer

I have an app on my iphone that gives you lots of options for reading it. for example you can pick a topic like love or bitterness or whatever and read everything about that a little each day for 3 or 4 weeks. or you can choose to read the whole thing in a year. whatever option you choose it send a little each day to your phone. You really can't just start at the beginning and read to the end because it wasn't written like that. Everytime I tried to do that I'd get to the "begats" and quit. happy reading

Best Answer

Start with Matthew, it is easier. Also a study guide is helpful.

Best Answer

As OnewithJC replied, Genesis is great, but I suggest starting out with the New Testament, where Matthew is and then continue to Revelation, and then maybe go to the Old Testament. That is what I did and it really profited well for me.

Best Answer

You are right in the sense it`s not literature as found in other books, but seeks to open your mind via intricately woven `small print` that can quite easily be overlooked, or conveniently discarded. So you have to adopt a completely different mode, as say, an analyst, but make a fun analysis and enjoy finding out how God has been taking the mic.

Best Answer

Read th gospel of Matthew first. It's not real difficult to understand, and gives good info on the life of Christ. Remember to always pray before studying.

Best Answer

Stop in a christian book store and ask about work books to go with various books of the bible. or companion guides. It will make it more interesting if you have some form of a discussion guide to make it more relevant to your life.<br />
You might inquire also if there happens to be a reading group going locally its always more fun if you have people to talk to or work with as you move through some areas of the bible.

Best Answer

Read it from Genesis to Revelations. Anything else and you'll miss great stuff like Psalms 137:9.

Best Answer

I've tried that several times, but I never made it out of Genesis.

Best Answer

How come?

Best Answer

Read the Bible with the intentions of hearing what God and His son Jesus Christ are telling you. Skip Genesis. Keep a note book with you when you read, and write down what it is that God or his son Jesus is saying to you in what you are reading. Learn from this way how to live your life, And you will have a wonderfully full and blessed life. This is my opinion. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

The best way is with a childhood of religious indoctrination.

Best Answer

Start with the new testament. Then go back to "In the beginning" and read all the way through.

Best Answer

1) Read "Mark." (It is written in chronological order.) 2) Read "Matthew." (It goes into better detail of some events and adds more about Jesus.) 3) Read "John." (It contains a lot of the life of Jesus not read before, especially his last two weeks before his crucifixion.) 4) Read "Luke" then "Acts." (Both written by Apostle Paul's traveling companion Luke. Acts is a continuation of Luke. It describes the early church and contains the examples of New Testament conversions.) 5) Read "Galations." (It deals with the reasons why we do not follow the Old Testament Laws in a more simplified way than does Romans or Hebrews.) 6) Then read the rest of the New Testament starting at Romans and going to Revelation.

Best Answer

Open the book and start reading it.. :P

Best Answer