To-may-to, to-mah-to, isn't this just another regional difference in the same language ?

Best Answer

ant-e

Best Answer

'tai' is the American way.

Best Answer

I'll pronounce it An-ti then hehehehe :P
You know I used to pronounce as it is written(the British way) then I heard it pronounced as An-tai I was like OMG this whole time I’m pronouncing it wrongly!!! What a shame Heheh! Then I found out that some says it this way and others the other way, but I couldn’t tell the difference!

Best Answer

Also depends on where in the U.S. Some Americans say "an-tee", too.

Best Answer

yup.

Best Answer

I say it "ant e" cause I'm English :-)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

it is pronounce as " An- ti"

Best Answer

You can use either. 'An-tee' is the traditional British/UK pronunciation, whereas 'An-tai' is a primarily North American variant - but it's by no means universal there and I'm not aware of any regional trends one way or the other. It seems to be basically down to personal preference and habit.

Best Answer

An-'ti' is the correct way as it was in the original English English as opposed to any other English derivative; as in 'An - 'tie'.<br />
There are a lot of examples where words are spoken other than their origin. 'Yo - gurt' is the orginal and 'Yoh! - gurt' is a derivative and 'Ba -'zill' is the original and 'Bay - 'zil' is a derivative. There are lots of them.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

How much is the buy in?

Best Answer

They are big right depending on use. If you are against something, then it is anti, for example your against Christ you would be anti(a)-Christ. If you are describing someone who against Christ it would be the anti-Christ. That should muddy up the water. You personally anti like anti-war with the long 'i'.

Best Answer

Both are accurate in spoken form. Written as text is what you seek. I am unable to find this as well. We have ALL slaughtered our English language so horribly we don't even recognize our own errors. I too am guilty.
Thank goodness for my rt click spell ck.

Best Answer