Anthropologists know there certainly are differences in proportions, temperament, etc. in such people. skin color is just one of the traits involved in adaption to different climate. Denying obvious differences is useless.

Best Answer

I see Bijouxbrassard is spouting ignorance again. She is childish, so she blocked me, because she can't debate with me in a mature manner. Aha, she says she's African. I was sure of that from her behavior. Her people haven't contributed anything worthwhile to music. rap is noise, not fine music.

Best Answer

Obvious differences. We are the same accept in the way our bodies have developed to withstand the strains of the natural world in which we live. Anthropologist know. So in the years to come people living in the same area will tend to become more and more alike until there is very little difference?

Best Answer

Evolution continues. Southern Chinese have differences from Northern Chinese that are like the differences between Northern and a Southern Europeans. When members of a race move, they eventually change to suit the new environment.

Best Answer

And so there is no difference, or very little. Seems the racial divide isn't truly based on race then, but ignorance. Just like the difference you state between Southern Chinese and Northern Chinese makes sense to me, I find no logic to the difference in Black vs White Americans considering the divide is not even close to being that significant.

Best Answer

There are quite obvious differences between Southern and Northern Asians and Europeans, and they're of the same kind. In Chinese wu shu (martial arts), there are Southern and Northern Shaolin (Buddhist) styles that have moves best for each type of human. These racial differences are indeed significant. A Cantonese man wouldn't do as well learning Northern Shaolin as he would in learning Southern Shaolin that's best suited to his body.

Best Answer

Whereas the difference between North Americans within the United States is significantly different from South Americans within the United States.....east coast, west coast...Is the basis of being an American the ability to separate yourself from the society from which we were derived. Within the United States, how sad to see a divide even within ourselves.

Best Answer

And a black man in the South of Bronx taking karate from a white instructor learns which style.

Best Answer

Black man karate to defend against Northern or Southern shaolin.

Best Answer

To have peace and justice, we should seek similarities and make the most of them, instead of exaggerating differences, but anything can be taken too far. Denying differences is useless and counter-productive. Awareness is always the best way.

Best Answer

Ms Marie, I'm at a loss.

Best Answer

No person denies that a black american is black or brown, or a shade lighter than brown, and a white american is white, and that forms the basis for the races in the United States. Everyone can see that, and is aware of that.

Best Answer

How many languages does the average black/white man speak? What do Indian Americans speak? Chinese Americans? Actual African Americans? What color are they? Can you point out culturally significant details? Even Mexican Americans. In your statement you said we should seek similarities and make the most of them and then state that it's useless to deny the difference. Well then state what you are stating The difference is those are black and those are white. That's the only difference that matters to you, is it not?

Best Answer

Thank you all for your input into this conversation. I must admit to being at a loss at the moment. I spent seven of my formative years in Germany and didn't understand the difference until I returned stateside. In Germany I was an American, all of which were considered Yankees. Here I am just a shadow in shades of grey that doesn't quite belong.

Best Answer

Please be prepared to offer an explanation on a statement.

Best Answer

There really isn't much difference in physically---the body works the same, internal organs, blood, basic structure, is the same. But most black Americans also have the blood of other racial groups: Native Americans, Europeans, and in some cases, Asians. We're also descended from more than one single African tribe. We've lost most access to the original African cultures, and languages by about 200-400 years. Aside from some aspects we've attempted to retrieve and practice ourselves, we have more in common culturally with white Americans. We've contributed to much of the food and a large part of the music that's considered uniquely "American". People from the African continent consider us completely American. And YES, they can spot us almost immediately.

Best Answer

Even within the black community there is a divide. Not everyone is trying to retrieve some vestige of a world unknown.

Best Answer

That's all you got from what I said ? You didn't notice where I said "we have MORE in common culturally with white Americans"? Wouldn't that imply that not everyone is trying to retrieve anything ?

Best Answer

No, it wouldn't. Implying something is very different than directly stating. That's how things can get misconstrued. I'm sorry, I didn't understand the implication.

Best Answer

I didn't directly state that every single black person is trying to retrieve something from African culture, either. But the few cultural remnants that some people observe (Kwanzaa, for example, or the practise of Yoruba, or Vodun , where my family originates) are the result of specific efforts to put something together. And no, not every single black person is participating in any of that. Some non-blacks DO participate in them, however.

Best Answer

The only differenet is the out side color but we are all the same color inside

Best Answer

There are many differences that anthropologists can observe.

Best Answer

So tell us
like what????

Best Answer

Funny, it seems we all speak the same language and communicate quite effectively even though our opinions may differ. How is that so?

Best Answer

What you don't seem to understand though... is they're brown. It's yucky.

Best Answer

None.

Best Answer

There are many real differences.

Best Answer

I'm listening.

Best Answer

Some views and character rooted usually in their culture.

Best Answer

Seriously, like what?

Best Answer

That's quite a sensitive matter, as people have their own response to certain truth which are mostly varied truths among the many that people usually make. This is so far what I can say to you, Americans are mostly straightforward and liberated in ideas, Blacks are fierce, strong, and can be personal, Browns are somehow in the middle which can be a bad thing at times for it can be seen as unending search of identity. Not that my opinion matters, but I've answered you in the most objective way I can. ^_^

Best Answer

What culture? Explain the difference between the different cultures of Americans that do not hail from any other locale. Yes, there is a difference in Northerners and Southerners, but that's simply a matter of Sweet or Ice tea, Yall vs You guys. So explain.

Best Answer

If you read it carefully, I did actually gave you an answer.

Best Answer

So to you, Blacks, and Browns, aren't Americans?

Best Answer

Time lag. I just saw your answer.

Best Answer

You've got a point. But I did look at it not as a citizenship. Where did Americans came from? I think I saw one answer in this thread, and I responded in that view. My bad. Then change the american to white. lol.

Best Answer

Culture and it's fairly significant!

Best Answer

Seriously. Explain.

Best Answer

No really, I'd like to hear your take on it. Talking about the difference between Christmas and Kwanzaa? Wonder if you took a survey how many had to learn about that considering they are so far removed from anything remotely resembling origination. But enlighten me because I am truly ignorant.

Best Answer

I am from South Africa, although a large population are becoming westernized and educated, there is still a large part of the native population that cling on to their beliefs, such as male circumcision by the elders when they go through a ceremony to become a man at about age 18, I am not suggesting this is wrong or a problem, this is just one example of many how we do things differently.

In an equal society all westernized this may not prevail!

Best Answer

Bruynwave, being South African, can you give us your opinion of how you view Black Americans, and also how you view White Americans? Also, how you view Americans?

Best Answer

I try to judge each person as an individual based on how they interact with me on a personal basis!

Having said that though we humans also seem to suffer from a herd mentality,, that is as a collective group there appears to be an overriding, personality trait, that permeates the group, Americans as a group tend to be extremely paranoid and also very confident which borders on arrogance at times and can be overbearing, having said that whilst they may appear to be negative traits they have served Americans well in terms of building a highly successful nation!

I do not believe I am qualified to pass comment on black Americans, however the injustice they have suffered due to racism has had an adverse affect on them as it did in South Africa, however it has also given rise to many great people who have transcended adversity.

Incidentally I am a white South African and would like to think of myself as somewhat enlightened and a lot of what I have learnt is from many great Americans, I trust this puts things in perspective!

Best Answer

Forgive this one joke, based in truth, but if you moved and live here, you are a true African American unlike many people that claim that status.

Best Answer

On a different subject however, I am completely ignorant on life in South Africa from a perspective apart from television or magazines. I would be honored if you could tell us what life was or is like for you, and the sights and moments that have inspired and touched your life.

Best Answer

I grew up in Cape Town South Africa, during the apartheid years, the weather is great and Cape Town is widely acknowledged as one of the most beautiful cities, we are blessed with many beautiful beaches and mountains, which means we are close to nature and outdoor living, all of which is conducive to a variety of sporting activity.

Growing up there was no tv till 1976 and we were mostly isolated from the true ugliness of apartheid and when I became a young adult we had this amazing transformation and everything changed, however I believe that essentially what changed was a facade in spite of its significance, my rationale the poor majority did not all of a sudden have a better life and some even complained things actually became worse! Having said that it was undoubtedly the right course of action and things may have improved for many, we still have some way to go, education is the key!

I have learnt later in life what our black people had to endure, however not having experienced it I can't truly claim to understand what they had to live on daily basis, due to an oppressive government. White people may have thought that things on a daily basis were the same for blacks and whites, however they were not!

At this point in time their is mostly racial harmony and it's a great place to live if you enjoy diversity and for the most part we are friendly and love to party, in a beautiful setting, what more could you ask for?

Best Answer

What more indeed. I love the picture you paint. You should post pictures of your home and show another look at a country that people don't see. It sounds beautiful.

Best Answer