chriskrys65 chriskrys65 46-50 11 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Family Struggles

Anyone capable of giving birth can be a mother. It takes so much more to be a 'Mom'.

Best Answer

Excellent answer.

Best Answer

What qualities does a real Mom have?

Best Answer

this is extremely biased. It does not necessarily take more to be a "Mom"anyone with a job and house can be a mom or dad to anyone. But how many women can actually physically, mentally and spiritually care for a child?

Best Answer

isabellegrace, It's my opinion, since it was my answer, so of course it's biased---towards MY belief system. Simply having a job and a house makes a caretaker, NOT a Mom or Dad. A Mom or Dad actually physically, mentally and spiritually cares for a child. That's MY definition. You're free to explain yours---in your OWN answer to this poster's question.

Best Answer

A mother has a baby and a mom loves and raises the baby to the best of her abilities.

Best Answer

Are you really saying that everyone woman who carries a child doesn't love her child that is a small minded view. Why the negative view, so I take it if you were pregnant you would not love your child? hmmm that is saying a lot

Best Answer

A "mother" is what my son has....during our divorce i said all i wanted was my son...the judge ask her if sh ob<x>jected...she said no thats fine....the she up and moved out of state....sees him once a year on xmas day....seldom calls him or anything....<br />
Like another said...ANY woman can be a mother but it takes a real woman to be a mom....same goes for dads/fathers....<br />
A mom/dad is there no matter what...who loves...teaches and wipes their tears away...comforts them....<br />
I have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR MOTHERS/FATHERS....<br />
My children come before any and EVERYONE else

Best Answer

I've always wanted a mom---Can't stand my mother

Best Answer

A mother usually puts her own needs above the needs of her children. A mom always puts the needs of her children before her own. A mother rarely sacrifices for the sake of her children. A mom would make the ultimate sacrifice for her child. When you scrape your knee, a mother tells you where the bandaids are. A mom cleans your knee with gentle hands, and with loving care applies the bandage. A mother is usually too busy to do something with her children. A mom is never too busy.

Best Answer

Well a Mom loves their child without question and is there for them no matter they do, where as a Mother sometimes hits their child for no reason or decides to sleep with the person their child is with.

Best Answer

This is really sad that so many people disrespect the title mother. I take it most of you are not Christians. If you were you would see that it says Honor they mother and father that they days be long on the earth. The truth is people have it twisted. NOT everyone can have a child and become a MOTHER that comes strickly from GOD himself. Anyone can put clothes on a child's back and roof over their head that does not necessarily mean that there is nurturing in that home. For a woman to carry a child her body is scientifically proven to nurture, feed and care for the child. That is no small feat. Because without the mother or father( givers of life) you would have NO CHILD. Anyone who has committement can be a mom or dad but not everyone can be a MOTHER or FATHER. so please stop the sterotyping of that role.

Best Answer

I would say that "mother" is more formal or dull. <br />
And "mom" is more personal..<br />
U know like home and house??? Mom is like home and house is like mother.. lol

Best Answer

I call ger mum

Best Answer