Making love has nothing to do with being married or single. It has everything to do with physically and emotionally expressing one's deepest feelings of love (caring, desiring, selfless devotion) for one's partner before, during and after sex. See "making love" in urbandictionary.com for similar concise views. The essential point is that making love emphasizes the LOVE and bonding aspect of sexual intimacy in contrast to merely enjoying a good ****.

Best Answer

absolutely! making love is an emotional connection...having sex is purely physical....

Best Answer

The difference is:<br />
One is giving you body<br />
While the other is giving your heart....

Best Answer

I have come to think of sex as a method of ex<x>pression, something like words, or song, or dance, or art or food.<br />
There isn't necessarily anything different in technique with making love or having sex. There are as many ways to do it as there are songs in the world. So if I was going to discuss the difference, I think the difference would be in how you feel about the person you are with. So, imagine singing a song for or with someone you met (maybe someone you like or feel an affection or affinity for), and singing a song for someone who you really just want to lose yourself with. And there is an element here where you might not really know, going in, which it's going to be. There's something to discover.<br />
If I was to force an answer about sex, I might focus a bit on the preservation of selfishness --the retention of that bit of independence and self-interest where you can satisfy your own needs. Sex can be very hot with a like minded person who wants to be taken that way, to be enjoyed and ob<x>jectified on some level --to be made to feel desirable simply on sexual merits rather than the whole context. Thinking back on my own significant relationships, I know I have felt validated at times when my partner is "greedy" with me and finds something within or about me that they want to "take" for themselves. It's that independence and sense of seperateness that adds to the heat of the encounter. I suspect that long term couples who manage to keep things hot are able to manage or balance the tension between "sex" and "making love" so that it's not always the same thing all the time.

Best Answer

I would also add, if it isn't clear...it's not just about how you feel about the person you are with. It's less constant than that. There are times where I just want to have sex with the person I love, or more often, I just want her to have sex with me. To take me hard, or softly -but for herself and not for me. To really see her desire in its raw form. I still love her, and maybe I'm just playing a semantics game with labels here, but I like the idea that it doesn't always have to be the same thing, even with the same person.

Best Answer

Depending upon personal attitudes, there is no difference. Today's world is all about hooking up and swapping bodily fluids. Romance and love are dead.

Best Answer

Both goes hand in hand.....

Best Answer

Technically, no difference (there's always "free love") but I like your way of thinking, too. I doubt I'm capable of the former anymore. There is a significant impracticality in many elements of my masturbatory fantasies.

Best Answer