The language isn't called English for nothing. We have no trouble understanding each other typing online and writing. Accents can be awkward but what's the bloody difference?
damoinoz damoinoz 36-40, M 24 Answers Feb 28, 2012

All I know is that it is incredibly annoying to post something in a forum using correct Australian spelling, and then have a bunch of Americans tell me off for my poor spelling.

Best Answer

I'm glad you wont :-) Most people I encounter are cool and know that different countries use different spelling, and some people just don't care even if they don't realize but occasionally there are some people who feel the need to point out that my spelling is incorrect, when really it isn't. I do explain it to them though. I have actually learned that in some places (online communities) I need to use American English instead of what I have learned in school, just to keep the peace.

Best Answer

Well that's true. The yanks have developed their own version of English and seem to force it on the rest of the world. We never have trouble understanding each other though so I don't see the big deal.It is kind of wrong when they criticise you for your spelling because English developed in the UK. so their version is the proper one.

Best Answer

UK English is proper English<br />
US English is fcuked up<br />
Australia English is more towards the UK English<br />
New Zealand is similar to UK English BUT have a lot of Maori languages<br />
Canada English would be split between English and French

Best Answer

Best answer! Spot on Ned!

Best Answer

I wouldn't say US English is ****** up, I have never had trouble understanding them but excellent answer.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

US English is the easiest to understand, at least for me.

Best Answer

The letter "u"

Best Answer

Do you actually expect a short answer to all that ? A comparison between the accents and variations of English within England alone would fill several books.

Best Answer

Differences between the Americans, the British, the Australian and the New Zealand English:-<br />
There are immense differences between the Americans and the British in terms of customs. Customs typically defines the way of life of a particular group of people (Bassnett 45). One of the most notable differences between the Americans and the British is language. Although the language spoken in both countries is the same, that is English, both countries have different attenuations, pronunciations and spellings. The American accent is significantly different from the British accent. Such differences are due to the differences in the pronunciation of vowels. Notable differences between the American English and the British English are evident through the use of 's' and 'z' in words and the use of 'our' and 'or' at the end of words. Differences in spellings for the same word are also evident with the use of the suffix 'tre' and 'ter' (Giles 123). The American English favor the use of 'z' while the British English utilizes the use of's'. For instance, "organisation" is in British English, the American English spells it as "Organization". It is also evident that the American language and customs incorporate more use of slang language compared to the British English (Hysell 252).<br />
The second notable difference between the Americans and the British is in terms of lifestyle. This is typically evident concerning various activities that constitute lifestyle such as sports, standardized parameters used for measurement, laws, driving practices, differences in drinking and eating etiquette, and their music preference (Kirby 125). For instance, the most preferred sporting activity in America during winter is football and hockey, while the British prefer soccer and Rugby. This is because the most watched league in British is the English premier league (EPL), while the National Football League (NFL) is the most watched league in the United States. Differences in customs are also evident in the driving practices, for instance, the Americans keep right while driving with the legal driving age being 16 years (Brian & Wayne 45). On the other hand, the British keep left while driving, with the legal driving age being 18. Other notable differences are in terms of the legality in terms of the age of sexual consent and legal drinking ages (Else 89). The Americans legal drinking and age of sexual consent is 21 and 18 years respectively, while the British legal drinking and sexual consent are 18 and 16 years respectively. Reports also indicate that most of the Americans prefer driving automatic cars, while their British counterparts prefer driving manual cars. Lifestyle and custom differences are evident in terms of music preference. The British endorse the pop culture more than their American counterparts do (Kirk 89).<br />
The third notable difference between the Americans and the British is in terms of personality. The Americans are more polite, characterized b

Best Answer

spelling, sentence construction, punctuation

Best Answer

US English is normal..everyone else talks funny..

Best Answer

Typical.

Best Answer

The English language in all the English speaking countries is diverging at a rate that experts believe in 100 years we will not be able to understand each other.

Best Answer

Slang. I've heard that learning Spanish in school isn't really worth it because the locals use so much slang it can hard to interpret what they are implying.

Best Answer

Not enough difference to keep us from understanding one another !

Best Answer

An Irish friend told us that their job was to go around and "knock up" all the ladies in the village every Sunday morning before church. They didn't realize in America to knock up means to make pregnant.<br />
This guy has a rough job.... But every week? How many babies does an Irish village need?

Best Answer

cant see any,yes means yes & no means no in all english speaking countries

Best Answer

'cept when no means yes

Best Answer

UK English is the correct English. Everything else is written with accents in mind, or lazily. Some American words are completey changed because yanks can't pronounce them (aluminium becomes aluminum?!?!)

Best Answer

ha ha ha ha yep.It kind of sounds like illuminate, like they are talking about lights or something. Come to think of it Autralian bands sing the same way the yanks pronounce their words like pass, last or can't, it's a bit annoying. Rose Tattoo was the only band that I know of didn't do that.

Best Answer

Pandora Charms AustraliaStart with a ba<x>se piece of Pandora Necklaces, and then choose which beads you want to add for decoration.Pandora Beads You can start with as few or as many beads as you want.Pandora Jewelry The beads are romantic, fun, fascinating, and unforgettable details.Pandora CharmsThese various kinds of pandora necklaces can let you make your bracelets and necklaces yourself, which mean you are wearing unique bracelets and necklaces everyday. Isn't that fantastic?Pandora Packages pandora beads charms is worth having for you!

Best Answer

damn spammer!

Best Answer

Die, Spammer

Best Answer

Apart from the slang terms used and in U.S spelling is often different, but the english language is pretty much the same.

Best Answer

Grammatical and spelling changes. Since English was established from the mix of other languages in England, it just simply evolved as the language was taken elsewhere.

Best Answer

In your line English is common , rest is different. That's the difference.

Best Answer