Active Duty is the better. They're all the time training and doing real world. Reservest, overgrown Sea Scouts who do it 2 - 4 weeks out of the year as active and then go back to their reserve unit. Todays navy I don't see any difference. They're both fuc*ed with PC and no leadership. The navy has already relieved 18 CO's this year. The 25 years I was a sailor I don't believe the navy relieved 18 of anyone. Sad, all fuc*ing PC. It's no longer a navy, it's a co-ed yauht club with leadership that is broke beyond belief.

Best Answer

I wasn't aware of that, things are worse than I thought, I am an army vet, '70-'73. Thanks for you service.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

Active duty (any service) literally means just that. You are actively on duty 24/7. You live on ba<x>se, or ship and perform your job every day for a specifed period of time, 4-6 years usually. Reserve duty (any branch means you are a civilian and live and work normally but you train for a weekend every months and a few weeks every year to learn and practice a military job skill. In the event of need a reserve unit can be called to active service as has happened in the middle east. Many former vets joined the reserves after they get out for the side income. The national guard is similar to the reserves but only get called to duty for domestic service.

Best Answer

so in your opinion is the Reserve better?

Best Answer

If you want to live and work at home, yes. If you want to travel and learn some new skills, active duty is better.

Best Answer

But being in active would they deploy you more ?
P.s are u in the navy
i have soooo many questionss

Best Answer