What is the ideal age-range for you? Would you consider someone slightly (or significantly) older/younger than you? What is the right cut-off point for you? Is age a big, a little, or no factor at all?
obroin obroin 51-55, M 9 Answers Jul 28, 2010

The ideal age range varies depending on the age of the participants. Obviously, a 10 year variance for a 13-year-old would cause more problems than a 10 year variance for a 50-year-old. I'm sensing that you might be asking how young you can date and have it still seen as acceptable. It really doesn't matter what others think. What matters is the relationship you have. If both of you have a similar maturity, it can work. If she can't relate to your generation, or vice versa, then don't expect it to last. If you are interested in older women, then, at your age, the sky is the limit.

Best Answer

Its interesting that you'd make an assumption that I may be approval seeking with regard to my own predispositions (i am not), and I do have a keen sense about what is right and wrong. I get your point about variances over different ages, and wouldn't you agree that maturation level can be only broadly tied to one's chronological age? I say that b/c I've met more than a few "adult" (wo)men +/- 30 conduct themselves like teenagers -- (in fact it would b insulting to teens to compare the behavior of some "adults")...

That said, I am interested more in the points of view of others here. I agree with you it really doesn't matter what others think, what matters I believe is the nature of the relationship itself - is it consensual, legal, mutually beneficial and does no harm. I am sure there are more criteria, but that's my initial thinking.

Best Answer

Usually for men, in my opinion is always negative five years to his actual age in terms of maturity. So any men that is around my age is still not 'stable' enough for me, that is why I prefer the man to be much older than I. Men who are unstable in work or financial and emotional will have hard time to enjoy a lasting and meaningful relationship or even loyal to a partner. Better if he passed his mid life crisis and is very stable financially and career wise, so that he has more time for me. Look at Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones. Unless the man is much younger with super rich woman like Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. In my case an ordinary and average Jane is hardly to look for average Joe and to take age range as indicator for dating or relationship.

Best Answer

Currently, no more than 10 yrs older and no more than 6 years younger than my age

Best Answer

5 years younger to 9 years older

Best Answer

Plus/Minus 50% of my age, but always at least 18. :)

Best Answer

For me, I have difficulty thinking of being involved with younger men. Previously, I liked men who were a lot older than I, but as my age has increased, I would be dating men in their 70´s and above and I don´t want to be a nursemaid. Right now men my age and above are fine.

Best Answer

90

Best Answer

Why do i feel that you've not taken the Q seriously?

if in fact you're a Gerontophile then hey - enjoy (?)

- LOL :-)

Best Answer