puck61 puck61 51-55, M 13 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Romance & True Love

56 years, until he died.

Best Answer

Wow. I thought my 7 years was a long time. I hope it didn't hurt to awfully bad.

Best Answer

Pain and pleasure. He was always the one who got away, but he never stopped being my best friend, right up to 3 days before he died, we talked 2 or 3 times a week.

Best Answer

My girlfriend died in 91, still got a torch for her....ho hum ;)))

Best Answer

10 years! It turned out that I didn't love him after all...he was a complete jerk and it made things all the more easier to let go!

Best Answer

I can see how that would make things easier.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

So far, about 15 years.

I don't think I will ever let it go, and I don't really want too. I've accepted it and I treasure the memories.

Best Answer

I treasure the memories too. It just doesn't hurt like it did.

Best Answer

She and I are still very close friends. Just separated by time and distance. It is what it is, and I will be okay with what we have.

Best Answer

13+ years.

Granted, it wasn't like nonstop missing him and pining for him. But I broke up with this guy in December of 1998 and I didn't *totally* stop having feelings for him until June 2012 when I met my current boyfriend - and then it all just melted away, because everything I loved about him was met and greatly exceeded by my new guy.

In the meantime I had several relationships and a 9 yr marriage, though! And the ex I still had feelings for had 3 children with a girlfriend of his!

Best Answer

It's nice to heal a heart ache with love.

Best Answer

Two years.

Best Answer

14 years ....Not for a lost love, for one that I'll always know I never got to have because she's no longer with us.

Best Answer

sorry.

Best Answer

Life lesson...Pain molds us and gives us our true strength to be who we want and need to be

Best Answer

two years three months

Best Answer

almost 5 years..........all better now

Best Answer

Time has a way of healing sometimes.

Best Answer

too embarrassed to answer that.

Best Answer

I pined away for 7 years, in my twenties and even now at 51, I still get a lump in my throat once in a while when I remember.

Best Answer

I like how you described that, I feel the same way.

Best Answer

20 years and counting.

Best Answer

I hope it's not too painful.

Best Answer

Naah not really, I'm happy enough with Mrs tarq, and I recently got in touch with the girl in question, unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, she live on the side of the planet.

Best Answer