I'm retired now, but I'm not greedy, 5 million would take care of me, my Bipolar son and make my ex good to "go". As for me, I'd build a wonderful kennel so I could rescue more Rottweilers and have a teaching kennel for children to enlighten them on "why" dogs are mean and "how" to behave around them. There really are no mean dogs, only the Humans that make them mean. Bless the Beast
A few reasons Humans get bit by a strange dog.
1. When a dog "shows his teeth" that aggression, Humans call it a "smile".
2. Most Humans "think" they are dog friendly so they will walk up to a dog as if it is their own and pet it without letting the dog smell their hand, legs, etc.
3. Humans are wimps-better to let the dog come to you and check YOU out-ignore them while they catch your scent.
4. Human adults are stupid and Human children are ignorant for it. NEVER come up on a poor dog on a rope/line. Idiot owners do not know that if you want a very anti-social dog, keep them tied up and unable to move away from other animals, (to include Humans). Tie yourself to a post and live outside like a "Piece-O-Sheet". Then have someone come up to you who is a stranger. All you have known is abuse and alienation. Would you trust the stranger? probably not.
5. If a dog looks at you from the side of their eyes-let the dog make the social moves-they are not trusting of you.
6. NEVER look a strange dog in the eyes and keep eye contact unless you think you can take that 130 pound Rottie-oh and you can't, not bare handed and they have 1500 pound per square inch of crushing power! Look past the top of their head till they really know you.
7. AND NOT THE LAST,..., Dogs wagging their tail are not always friendly,...., they just might be thinking about the lesson in animal " OP DOG" they are about to give you! (oh and you ain't it! HOOOOT!)
I am retired, the amount I won is 0
Well, first I could never win the lottery because I don't do it. Games of chance are forbidden in my religion. Other than that I don't want to retire. I love my job and I hope I can contnue working in my job long after retirement age. I meet lots of interesting people and it is a very enjoyable and sociable job. I would even do it withot getting paid if I had enough money to live on.
Six million. Even with a yearly budget of $100, 000 I'd be set for sixty years, so I'd be fine until 85. That's assuming I hadn't put my money in a bank, or made any low risk long term investments.
$40 +million. I probably wouldnt even retire if I won that.
I'd start my own business.
You don't have to be rich to be happy or retire. If you think you have enough money to retired, you will never have enough.
5 million. That is enough to purchase an incredibly large tract of land and build myself a cobb retreat.
2 million sounds secure for other family members too
With the assets I've already accrued I'd say another 1.5-2 million would be enough to retire right now and live out the rest of my life with a very nice lifestyle. Be nice to win it. Otherwise I'm looking at another 10-15 years of work.....ahhhh!
We have 2 investment properties currently aside from our primary residence. We have bought and sold around 10 properties over the last 15 years, all with excellent returns (we've just gone through a massive property boom in Australia). We also have a fairly respectable share portfolio which hasn't exactly been growing much in recent years but we do receive good dividends. We have significant equity in our business which will be worth a bit when we sell it. The income we receive from our current investments is almost enough to retire now but we have a 3yo and our costs will increase as she gets older so we still need to increase our investments. We're looking for a minimum gross annual income from our investments in retirement of $80,000. That should allow a pretty nice lifestyle without having to ever worry about money too much.
Not sure, but I think about 1.5 mil, give or take.
Ten million. After taxes not much left.
In Australia everyone pays a little tax when they actually buy a lottery ticket and the winnings are not taxed at all.
maybe 2 million??