garvan garvan 46-50, M 8 Answers Oct 4, 2010

The SPCA is the leader when it comes to prosecuting those that harm their pets. They work to get legislation passed to help make life better for a lot of animals.

There are many worthy charities. I find my love of animals draws me to this one the most!

Best Answer

The one that takes the LEAST amount of money out of the fund and pays the MOST amount of money to the actual charity it represents. Sorry ... but after readind about how some of the bigger charities are taking so much out for Admin, wages, office space and so on ... it seems a total sham. If these people work for charities, then why don't they work for *free* like those who stand all day collecting who get paid NOTHING. Or ... cut down on the over-heads and stop making charity a business with Corporate Logo's.

Sorry ... it isn't what you asked, but it's just my feeling of late :-)

~F~

Best Answer

Thank you for your candor and to an extent I agree with what you have said.
The thing with large charity organisations is that they do need staff who are capable of running such a large company,therefore they need staff of an adequate level of skill to do the day to day running of it.This in turn is full time work and we have to expect that a proportion of the money we give DOES go on overheads,the running costs have to be paid and the remainder goes to the charity.
I am afraid a lot of people use this excuse not to give at all ( IN NO WAY AM i SAYING THIS IS YOUR REASONS),it is so easy to say no money gets to the charity and this is wrong,so many people do benefit.
Choose a charity that is close to your heart.
Thank you for your well reasoned answer.

Best Answer

R.S.P.C.A.

Best Answer

One close to my heart.

Best Answer

All of them....

Best Answer

Yes,thanks.

Best Answer

The salvation army.

Best Answer

Yes good reply.

Best Answer

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me------

Charity begins (and stops) at home ---- tehehehe

post script.

I didn't miss the meaning -- I felt like being flippant --

Knightwhispers is regrettably very close to reality

Nevertheless I give and assist where and when I feel it will do some good.

I personally think that the Salvation Army are misguided charlatans

Best Answer

No,sorry,you have missed the meaning of the question.

Best Answer