Questionator Questionator 26-30 33 Answers Mar 2, 2011

Question of the Day

To give me their time,nothing is so precious as time for someone who is in need and I have been fortunate enough for someone very special to me to give me that TIME.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

They just made me feel loved and important and that someone actually cared.

Best Answer

My oldest and best friend growing up called me after my mother passed away. As children, teens and young adults it was hard to tell which child belonged to which family as we shared so much of our time with each other. <br />
I had my mother for 93 years, my father had passed 30 years earlier.<br />
I thought I was old enough and wise enough to have balanced my feelings about my mother's death. I was so determined to portray the Jackie Kennedy " face of strength" for my children and all others.<br />
My beautiful friend said to me, "Now I want you to listen to this".........<br />
She told me things she observed throughout all those growing-up years. Ways my parents had shown there love to me and how I returned it. By the time she summed it all up, I was sobbing uncontrollably. I allowed myself to feel the loss, in its entirety, for the first time. It felt good to get it out. I needed to do that.<br />
It doesn't matter what age you are when you lose your Mother, it still hurts. I will forever be grateful for that good, old fashioned "cry out" she gave me. I think it helped me say good bye in a much more loving way.

Best Answer

Our daughter passed away, and my friends left me alone for six weeks. Per my request, I found that to be very kind, everyone is different and I needed solitude.

Best Answer

A friend made me a scrapbook/journal. The first half of a notebook was made into a scrapbook of the good times that we have had, and pictures from magazines of things that make me smile. The rest of it were pages with just a few pictures, but mostly lines left blank for me to journal on.

Best Answer

Help me realize loss is part of growth, and survival is possible.

Best Answer

When I lost my Dad last year, a truly wonderful friend was there for me day and night to listen to me, gently speak a few thoughtful words, and let me know that he honestly cared. His support really got me through it, and I will be forever grateful to him.

Best Answer

They were pretty much there for me: to listen and to talk. When they listened, they were accepting and non judgmental, and if they wanted to approach a sensitive topic, they found a way to discuss it in a way that I didn't feel I was being attacked. When we talked, I appreciated having an outlet for the emotions I had built up, and for feeling like I had a safe place to say what I needed to without fear of offending or boring the person. And most of all, they weren't afraid to ask me how I was feeling about various aspects of that loss. Also, while I appreciated that most people were appropriately solemn about the loss, I really did appreciate that this one friend managed to still be positive and cheerful, and for finding the aspects of the situation to be positive about, which, believe me, most people would not see first.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Not in this lifetime.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Sex!

Best Answer

Talked to me and offering a shoulder to cry on.

Best Answer

Just spending time ... that's really all that was needed. No advices; just presence.

Best Answer

Gave me a new place to stay, got me into groups to help me through the tough times and made sure that i was ok and talked to me everyday...

Best Answer

The nicest thing a friend has ever done to ease down my burden/loss...was to make me SMILE and that they appreciate me as me. And I don't need a lot of effort to show off to everybody that I am WORTH it. Because they keep on reminding me that they appreciate the imperfection that I have in me. So, whatever problems I encounter my friend will always be there to make me feel better :')

Best Answer

seduced me...

Best Answer

Losing him. xW

Best Answer

just to reassure me that as long as i have memories, the person is never gone.

Best Answer

The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me to help me get over a loss is... no one has ever done anything nice for me for that purpose that I can remember. And I've never asked/expected them to.

Best Answer

Well, once i lost my chips cos they fell...<br />
Yeah so he gave me a chip

Best Answer

i once read that those who use no bodily exercises are awkward and unwieldy in the actions of the body, so they who exercise not their minds are incapable of the noble actions of the mind. i lost my mother this past summer, a beautiful lady through and through with a wonderful soul to match offered tender words of condolences, she was the only ep member to do so, and i so appreciate her noble friendship and her beautiful heart

Best Answer