In China and in America, most women like to be treated the same as men. I've heard in America, women get angry if a man opens a door for them. Do you like to be treated like a lady? What does that mean? And men, do you like treating women like ladies? Also, is a feminist a female sexist? (Not sarcastic. I really don't know)
xiaomei xiaomei 26-30, F 31 Answers Mar 12, 2009

I suppose, in theory, the opposite of a feminist would be someone who believes that men and women should not be treated equally.<br />
I think you'll find that many people who call themselves "feminists" would actually fit this category when it comes to legal and social matters that unfairly advantage women. I don't believe that this is true feminism, it is just (as you say) female sexism.<br />
I am not personally offended by people who hold open doors for me (male or female). I hold open doors for others. I believe that this is equality.

Best Answer

The opposite of a feminist is a man with a bleeding head wound.

Best Answer

Being a feminist is not about wanting to be treated like a man - or like a lady. It is about wanting to have equal opportunity.<br />
A feminist doesnt have to be a woman either, men who believe in women having the same rights as men can be seen as feminist too.<br />
I like to be treated respectfully, as I try to treat others. I consider myself to be both a feminist as well as quite girly. I want to have the opportunity to earn the same as a man for example - but also to have doors opened for me - I dont think that being a feminist means I can have one and not the other.<br />
The opposite to a feminist would be a sexist - or maybe a chauvinist. A person (man or woman) who did not believe in equal rights for both genders.

Best Answer

At risk of sounding old-fashioned, i think that the feminist movement did as much harm for women as it did good. I'm all for equality, don't get me wrong and i won't deny that a woman could do pretty much any job just as well as a man, but here's the thing; why would they want to? Yes, a woman could work on a building site, carrying hod, but WHY? To prove a point to mysoginistic men who'll always believe we are the 'weaker sex' anyway? Yes, a woman can pay her own way, but why, when some fella's offering? And yes, a woman is perfectly capable of carrying a heavy bag, but if a burly guy's offering to take the weight off, what is there to be acheived from refusing? Women are also capable of opening a door independantly - but is it a crime for a polite man to get the door for you? I think not; what it is is POLITE, CHIVALROUS & RESPECTFUL - and some women will snap a quim string if a man does any of these things!! Why? I really can't tell you, but i know this; women the world over are wondering whatever happened to romance? to chivalry? Well, here's your answer - they're all bloody terrified of being GENTLEMEN (and note here that i am using the word gentleman and not sexist, or chauvanist), and this, in a way, is our own fault! It's a scientific fact that if a man were capable of giving birth, the pain would actually KILL him - so who exactly IS the weaker sex? Since our mum's burned their bras we have started to think it offensive for men to act like gents out of some misguided belief that allowing this will make us appear weak - this is bollocks! The way i see it is, why would you want to carry that bag yourself, when someone's offering to carry it for you? This is girl-power at it's absolute best in my opinion - don't give yourself achy arms to prove a point, not when you have a minion who will do it for you, lol.<br />
There is a big difference between manners and chauvanism, but the line is so blurred nowadays, that men are just scared sh1tless of doing the wrong thing! So, the next time a guy holds your bag, or the door or offers to pay for a meal; don't get all offended - take it in the way that it is meant; as a nice, polite gesture and a compliment (why shouldn't a man pay a little for the pleasure of your company? Im betting you won't be paying halves towards your engagement ring, so why is going dutch during a meal so vital?), don't take it as a sign that they are patronising you - you shouldn't feel patronised; you should feel like a LADY!<br />
Not sure what the oppsoite of a feminist is - perhaps a traditionalist?

Best Answer

The first thing I thought of for the opposite of "feminist" was "male chauvinist pig". Hehe...<br />
I like to think that opening doors for people, if it is a suitable occasion, is a mark of respect and consideration for a fellow human being. I don't know why a woman would get angry at that, unless she felt it put her under an obligation that she did not want, or if she felt it was a false act, or felt that it identified her as being a "helpless woman".

Best Answer

heidi montag

Best Answer

The opposite is anti-feminist... I thought that would be obvious.<br />
And holding the door for people is common courtesy whether it is a man or a woman holding it for another man or woman.<br />
I just like being treated like a human being, and if someone treats me differently then that's their problem.

Best Answer

Feminism is a movement that says that there is nothing inherently second-class about being a woman. That there are laws and customs (both) that have kept women from fully using our brains and our abilities. Even today women in the US are paid, on average, about 77 cents to every dollar that men are paid IN THE SAME JOBS! This has nothing to do with opening doors or pulling out chairs... it has EVERYTHING to do with women being allowed to fully pursue our goals with the same chances of success as men have. It means that women should be treated as equals. It means that women should have control over the health of our own bodies and not be subject to laws dictated by old men. It means that women should be judged by the quality of our character and not by the size of our breasts. It means that women should be at least as safe from domestic battering as men are. The opposite of Feminist is a person who believes that testicles somehow count for more than ovaries.

Best Answer

It's a very difficult thing to explain. There are times when women don't like a man waiting on her hand and foot. Other times, it's just nice to have someone open a door for a lady. I see myself as equal to men and men are equal to me. If a guy yells at me and tries to beat me up, I kick the crap out of him right back. If a guy is sweet to me, I am sweet back. If a man opens a door for me, I return the favor to another gentleman some other time. I see it like this: If I have a rough day, I would appriciate it if my boyfriend would come home and do something special for me. If my boyfriend has had a rough day, I will come home and do something special for him. I think it's a fairness issue. I can't stand men who think women are not equal to men. I also can't stand women who thing men are not equal to women. Those are two idiotic extremes. It's a respect issue, and it goes both ways.

Best Answer

a woman who wants to be subordinate. I'm not talking about sexually, I'm talking about everyday life. it's black and white. a feminist wants to be treated equal, a willing subordinate doesn't.

Best Answer

A feminist is someone who wants equality with men.<br />
Feminists aren't necessarily sexist against men. <br />
Hope we helped :)

Best Answer

I would say the opposite of a feminist is a "bimbo". A woman who never uses her brain for anything but something on which she dons the latest hair style.

Best Answer

My definition of a feminist is one who tries to be a man. We all have equal rights, yet we are not all equal. The average woman is far less strong physically than the average man. It has been shown that men are better at math than women and women are better at language than men. I am against women in combat (ground combat) Why? Not because I don't think they can take the brutality, but because men will naturally protect the women to the detriment of other soldiers. I think the opposite of feminist would be a male chauvinist or one who doesn't think women can accomplish anything a man can. We (men and women) should realize each others strengths and weaknesses and live our lives with that knowledge. There are different abilities and knowledge between men and women and even between the races. Black me can certainly jump higher than white me. All the basketball teams prove that. White men are generally better swimmers than black men. I will be accused of being racist and prejudiced when I say that, but I believe what I see. Men and women, indeed everyone on this earth are different. We are all equal under the law and have equal rights, but we are not equal. We are different.

Best Answer

masculinist.. heheeh :D

Best Answer

Usually a women with a sense of humour

Best Answer

I think a girly girl would be the opposite. A girly girl will act so helpless and in need of a man’s help.<br />
A feminist only wants to be treated equal. A feminist wants to have the right to take care of herself and get equal pay…DD

Best Answer

a woman who doesn't want ot have an opinion or be treated equally.

Best Answer

The opposite of a feminist is a man.

Best Answer

Most of the people I've met who claim the title "feminist" seek not equal right, but superiority. They treat men like morons just for having a penis. I don't intend to generalize feminists or make them look bad, just speaking from my own experience. I suppose those who fit into the definition others outlined above (i.e. equality) do not claim the title in my area.

Best Answer

rotflmao Qazrazl...................... smiles

Best Answer