plungesponge plungesponge 26-30, M 10 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Health

I think the media totally manipulated us all on this one...fashion industry calls for rail thin to make the clothing/product look good and the media pushes it.

gotta sell those new clothes every three months

Best Answer

It shifted somewhere along the way. Now fat = poverty, while thin = money.

Best Answer

Simple. Thin is seen as temperance, befitting of someone in control. Fat is viewed as not so much abundance as over-abundance. Gluttony, in other words. And gluttony is seen as a no-no in most religious and/or societal mores.

Best Answer

I think it has to do with who we share our genes with. Possible attraction could be that thin people are viewed as more active. Better able to keep up with any resultant children. While I think some cultures may attach fat with abundance, more often obese people seem linked to health issues, and being less energetic. Less able to raise and protect children.

Best Answer

Frankly, fat is attributed to someone who does not care for them selves, I know not in all cases, but in most. Gluttony has always been viewed in a negative way, and it actually is a negative thing. There is a such thing as too thin, a healthy body is most attractive simply because, it's healthy.

What I am stating here is the common view, not entirely my view.

Best Answer

Overweight is viewed as unhealthy.

Best Answer

It's not the physiological reason, it's the cultural reason. Most guys like a bit of weight but because of cultural perceptions, they deny themselves the attraction.

Best Answer

In the olden times, that's how it was... now fat is viewed as gluttony.

Best Answer

probably why i'm attracted to thick women

Best Answer

thick does not = fat

Best Answer

idk, fat thighs? fat butt thin everything else you fat as in fat belly?

Best Answer