Essexdan Essexdan 31-35, M 11 Answers Jan 9 in Hobbies

There is no point to it. It is play in musical form. One has to be quite skilled as a musician to play jazz. There is a lot of creativity, spontaneity and trying new things.

Best Answer

There is no point other than the fact that some people find the collection of pitches that the genre produces is pleasing to a large number of people. The same as with any other music.

Best Answer

if you don't get it, no point trying to explain it

Best Answer

to do an arm full of hash and to make some cool music man.

Best Answer

To perform great music for people to enjoy! Dance to! And listen to in a high class club that you should bring a date to!

Best Answer

I think maybe when you see the men in white jackets coming you may do better by making a run for it... They're comng to take you away!

Best Answer

I never could figure it out for sure... and I'm a musician. Near as I can figure, it useful in helping white people feel very cosmopolitan. ;}

Best Answer

Hey, don't mock my wicked beats or my smooth tracks. :)

Best Answer

I'm not mocking; I'm just trying to understand. A lot of jazz I seem to hear seems to be someone going for it on an instrument but with no structure usually associated with music. I don't understand a lot of musical genres so figured the community could help me out :)

Best Answer

I figured as much ... hence my ":)" - I think Jazz is difficult to define honestly. When asked, I play something I enjoy. I choose my music based on my current mood, Jazz for me is relaxing.

Best Answer

Jazz actually has a TON of structure to it. It all has to do with what your ear is conditioned to listen to. Jazz is based off of 7 chords which makes it sound more musically unstable to people who, say, listen to classical or pop music. To people used to the structure, those 7 chords add color and interest rather than pure dissonance. That's why older generations associate more with jazzy ideas rather than, say, metal or dubstep.

Best Answer

It's music, enjoyed by millions

Best Answer