People tell me what will happen when you get a husband and they see the scars. Well they are there and they will never go away and there are hundreds of them. I'm already damaged goods so why stop? No body will want me or wants me now. I'm a useless piece of ****.
LittleLion19 LittleLion19 18-21, F 10 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in Self Harm

My friend I've known for 10 yrs. Ive lived through his violent fits, his cutting, his anxiety, his crying spells, suicide attempts and so much more. Just when he resolved himself not finding anyone who would love him, he met this awesome guy from okcupid. He wasn't like the others who bailed when things got tough, he wasnt some user or creep but the real deal who stuck by him, lifted him up, encouraged and loved him when my friend was at his worse and best. My friend has finally been diagnosed with a slue of issues because his bf paid for the psych eval and despite it, he's still there. I believe the ultimate act of faith and love was that this guy is marrying my friend. I have a truck-load of issues too but seeing that has given me faith theres a man out there who will love me despite my problems and I hope this mini-novel gives you hope too. Honey, you're not worthless, you just need good people in your life and a bit of counseling to help you believe in yourself. Everyone deserves love.

Best Answer

you are not damaged goods. stop hurting yourself. haven't you been hurt enough? as for your scars, someone will love you just the way you are.

Best Answer

you know i lived with and loved a cutter for two years? maybe youre wrong on that one....<br />
also youre wounded not damaged. wounded can be overcome. many of us have to do it and manage it. that includes me.<br />
please dont put yourself down and stop hurting yourself please.

Best Answer

Really? Thank you

Best Answer

tis my pleasure and i hope life gives you some more blessings and help. =)

Best Answer

I thanks

Best Answer

That's not true. Eventually, the scars will fade.<br />
And, you are not useless. God put you on this Earth for a reason. I know how hard it is, however, to stop feeling useless, but it's just because your mind is clouded from all the pain you've been through.<br />
I have a lot of scars from self-harming, and if I marry, I want a future husband who can accept that. If they can't even accept that, then they are definitely not worth it.

Best Answer

I am a cutter too. I have enough scars, almost (as I still cut).<br />
My scars, like the blood are words that could not be spoken and serve to show the pain I have been through.<br />
Anyone that wants to be close to me should know about the pain I have been through.<br />
Ariel, if you can trust, I would ask that you talk to someone that is has cut in the past (so you know that they understand) and is trying not to cut anymore (so they can try to give you some different coping mechanisms). It is your choice, I hope you chose well when you decide if you will continue or try to stop.<br />
Sending you Hope. : )

Best Answer

Honey. You are NOT useless. You are using your life right now just by writing here. And please, get help for that pain inside that gets so unbearable you have to literally let it bleed out of you. I know it seems impossible for it to go away, but that really is an illusion. A powerful one, but an illusion just the same. The key is finding the right kind of help. Keep knocking on doors until something clicks. We're all with you. With love, xox

Best Answer

I know plenty of people with cutting scars who are still absolutely beautiful and the guys they're with love them, scars and all. You're not damaged goods, you've just been through a lot. The point of stopping is so that you can live happily and look at those scars and think "These used to control my life, but things are better now and I'm stronger because of it."

Best Answer

Hugs Sweety.

Best Answer

Your not damaged goods! Nobody is damaged goods and everyone deserves happiness. When you do find that person to love you he will accept the scars you have and love the person you are. Please - if you can - don't put any more scars on that pretty skin.

Best Answer