"School asks cop to lose the uniform when dropping off his daughter" ----------- When Scott Urkov got a call from officials at Entz Elementary School in Mesa, it wasn't to summon him for a meeting with his daughter's teacher. It was to ask the officer on the Coolidge police force if he'd please wear civilian clothes when dropping her off in the morning, as some parents were alarmed their children had come home talking about a gun-packing cop --------------some parents can't understand the fuss. "Even if my kids saw that, I think they'd feel more protected to see a man in uniform at their school," said Blaine Spencer --------------- http://now.msn.com/scott-urkov-arizona-police-officer-asked-not-to-wear-uniform-to-daughters-school
chocomint chocomint 51-55, F 6 Answers Oct 4, 2013 in Community

OMG...suck it up...this is real life and cops are regular people too! The school should roll their collective eyes and say OMG are you serious???? *L*

Best Answer

sigh....good cops got a negative image because of the way the police are portrayed on the news. Truly, i am sorry to hear this

Best Answer

hummmm... I picked up my son from H.S.....they have a cop there..did not like the feeling I had when I saw his gun on him..asked mt son..he has no prob...he said it is good he is there. If he is good w/ it..me too :) To those people your referring to..maybe they see the cop..after the drop off..& think there is a prob?? I might.

Best Answer

The cop should ignore these dinks on the school committee! (And who elected these clowns anyway?) They are lucky to have a police presence at their school!

Best Answer

I would be horrified to see a gun wielding anything dropping off kids anywhere.......... I'm guessing he did it to show off and has no respect for the other parents' opinions. Perhaps he feels inadequate without a uniform and a gun to hide behind?<br />
Micky :))

Best Answer

I am will to bet that you would call AAA to change a tire for you, and that you own no power tools! Man up!

Best Answer

OH? c'mon man... you have given a foolish response. By your 6th decade I would have hoped you had learned that power tools are used to make, restore, construct and repair.... I have a full range and they get used regularly. Guns are used to kill...... I have never yet killed with my power tools. Micky:))

Best Answer

You can kill somebody will power tools too! Would you be upset if a contractor dropped off in his from his work truck, knowing that he might have a SAW on board? We have a nation of people afraid of their own shadows!

Best Answer

You are becoming more foolish.... my objection was to gun wielding........ dunno what path you are on.... just glad that I am not on the same one. Yes, tools may be used to kill.... BUT A GUN HAS NO OTHER PURPOSE! Micky:))

Best Answer

So kids should be frightened at the sight of a policeman? The cop is a regular person like you or me. Cops like football, baseball, and meat loaf.

Best Answer

And your lot carry guns. UK cops do not. Micky:))

Best Answer

So you're in the UK?

Best Answer

Yup.... and it seems like you still live in the Wild West.

Best Answer