minotgran minotgran 56-60, M 12 Answers Apr 10, 2013 in Image & Weight

Perhaps because it bursts our fantasy bubble of what we 'think' we sound like. ; )

Best Answer

Because it doesn't sound the same as the voice that resonates in our heads...

Best Answer

Its both. It sounds different than others hear for physical reasons, and therefore it sounds different and strange to us when we hear it form an unfamiliar audio perspective. <br />
Psychologically, I think we don't like our voices for the same reasons we sometimes have negative mind chatter about ouselves, or how we don't like how we look. <br />
We need to accept all of ourselves, and love even our shadowy "dark" sides. At least be very forgiving with ourselves.

Best Answer

its both. the sound coming though our skull, traveling through bone and tissue, to our ears sounds different than sound coming from outside our heads because it is just traveling through our atmosphere. and we are more used to hearing our voice from inside our heads, so when it comes from outside our heads it sounds wrong. kind of like when you see someone else in the mirror, their face looks uneven, but when you see yourself in the mirror, your face looks even.

Best Answer

You don't hear your voice as you hear everything else...it comes through the small bones near your temple I think(don't take that as gospel,though!)<br />
Anyway it is a shock to hear it as it really is!

Best Answer

My husband explained this to me once let's see if I remember.....I think the whole thing was that the sound waves sound different to every person so what sound good to you might not to another. I am probably missing a whole lot but that is what I got out of his talking.

Best Answer

We hear ourselves as the sound resonates inside of our heads. The recorded voice is outside of ourselves directly to our ears.

Best Answer

I donĀ“t know. I was talking about that with my kid yesterday.<br />
Many people have complimented me for my voice but when I hear it in a recording I dislike it so much.

Best Answer

It is very different from what we hear in our heads which is sort of like listening to something underwater.

Best Answer

we never got used to how we really sound. We often fear or dislike things we are not familiar with...

Best Answer