churinga churinga 70+, M 39 Answers Jul 21, 2011

I think it's the idea that if we don't buy into their faith, we are morally inferior to them.

Best Answer

That's part of it. Another part, I think, is the glorious self assurance of the question-free ignorant. Throw in the Crusades and the decimation of various religions/cultural traditions all in the name of "bringing the heathen to Christ" (and stealing their land). Treating the whole ********** thing as just a sin to be forgiven rather than as a crime to be punished certainly does not help!

Best Answer

bravo both of you.

Best Answer

Yes, those are really good

Best Answer

We are ALL "morally inferior" to God, who is holy and completely without sin or error. Thus the reason we ALL need a Savior, the Son of God, Jesus the Christ! An ALL-loving God corrected the dilemma that ALL we sinners create/d by disobeying Him. Since there are NO perfect human beings it's a foolish waste of time to compare ourselves to each other (the Bible says so, that's where I learned it). Your sin, my sin, who cares? Care about the solution, and your own eternal well being! Get ready, Jesus IS coming!

Best Answer

Aggression begets aggression. I guess the problem with most Christians is that they missed the bit where Jesus told them to love thy neighbor and to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Best Answer

I don't see a lot of cheeks being turned by the TP "Christians."

Best Answer

Executing heretics, the Crusades, Manifest Destiny, the Salem Witch trials, and global warming?

Best Answer

You cannot group all Christians together. Some follow after commandments and doctrines of men. Making the Church God. There is False Christs and Anti-Christs then there is very few true in heart that really follow after Christs teachings that do not need a Temple made with hands because they have learned that the Temple of God is within.

Best Answer

Excellent point! What people see is the false religion version of Christianity and think it is the same as the real and simple understanding of what Christ taught. It is not--not by a long shot. It is very sad to see though.

Best Answer

Over zealous hypocrites. I have had bad experiences with people calling themselves christian and then turning out to be the most hateful hypocritical people I have ever met. Telling me I was not the right kind of Christian and the fact that my son' biological father left as soon as he found out I was pregnant because god didn't want him to have contact with me or my son. And I wasn't a good enough Christian? It is only the Christians that tend to be self righteous and preach to me about things I already know. If you want to teach people Jesus' message it might be best to find out what they already know. Other than that I have no problem with real Christians. Using God as a tool for manipulation is never the way to make people believe. I think other people have had similar experiences with people calling themselves Christians and then not being very Christ like at all. I am not saying they should be without sin but then recognize that others can be good with out being a part of your particular belief system. I also think it is rather arrogant to think your way is the only way. The bible was written by men, men with agendas all their own, why is this the one and only book, all religions have a book.

Best Answer

Yep. I grew up among 'em. Some "born again Christians" can make people wish they hadn't been born in the first place....

Best Answer

I feel the same way and I've had similar experiences. thanks for sharing

Best Answer

I agree with you except for the part about the bible was written by men with agendas. I did my own investigation of the bible authenticity, and aside from the over 300 plus prophecies that have already been fulfilled (and ones being fulfilled even now), there are other proofs of the scripture's reliability. Only a being outside of time and space can foresee thousands of years into the future and cause others to write those prophecies by way of Spirit. The problem isn't with God or the bible. The problem is with religions which have all been serving the system that enslaves and engulfs so many. And people put faith in religions instead of God and that's why there's been so much 'religious wars' and such.

Best Answer

I think it is the lack of free thinking, lack of individuality, the idea of "you are going to "Hell" and I'm not" attitude. And the educated would go further to say it is because Christianity is false dogma. The Bible is not what people believe it to be.

Best Answer

Hypocrisy

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

Spot ON

Best Answer

Jesus said his followers would be hated for following him.He must have been right.

Best Answer

Yes but everyone's followers are hated by someone. Marx's followers are hated by capitalists; Adam Smith's followers are hated by Marxists. Muhammad's followers are hated by everyone. You name a group and someone hates them.

Best Answer

I don't think the pedophiles were hated because they followed him. I don't think corrupt televangelists have been hated for following him. Ditto the ones who figuratively wrap themselves in the Christian flag while packing heavy-duty weapons to the rallies of their political opponents. "Blessed are the peacemakers" ? Guess they forgot about that one....

Best Answer

The Nazis hated the Jews, and the Jews hated the Nazis. HOWEVER, mutual animosity does NOT mean equal justification for the animosity. (Dog=Animal Cat=Animal BUT Dog does NOT equal cat.)

Best Answer

Maybe he knew they would be hated for giving food to the poor without demanding payment as well as passing on the message that the rich should sell all they possessed and give it to the poor. Few things arouse the ire of the "haves" more than requiring them to give to the "have not" in order to achieve eternal life.

Best Answer

not at all, Jesus told His 12 disciples they would be hated for His name.

Best Answer

I follow him, I just don't follow the politic in the church so now who hates who again?

Best Answer

True, very true

Best Answer

The root cause for me has been the actions of some self-professed Christians themselves who haven't grasped the underlying message of love and compassion on which the Christian movement was ba<x>sed.

Best Answer

Hands that help can do a lot more than lips that pray.

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

myths, suspicion, lies , past mistakes of religious leaders, at a guess. I also think that some preach too much and are over zealous.

Best Answer

Every religion that divides the world up between believers going to heaven and nonbelievers going to hell (especially if the content of their charachters means nothing), invites animosity. Indeed many religions purposefully use that animosity to further polarise human beings.

Best Answer

A large part of it is the systemic social decay that christian belief and morality has inflicted upon society.

Best Answer

I read on the internet that the number of people murdered by the Vatican (over that last 2000 years) is a grand total of somewhere between 50-150 million.......sounds absurd..... <br />
Just think that means the Vatican is some where between 8-20 times as murderous then Adolf Hitler...<br />
And even if that's an exaggeration and its only 25 million well that makes me feel soooooo much better.

Best Answer

The Vatican has absolutely nothing to do with biblical Christianity and everything to do with corporate, controlling religion enslaving souls.

Best Answer

It's their arrogant assertion that their way is the only way and their fairy tale religions view of nature is the absolute truth.<br />
Having one standing in front of me waving his bible in one hand and poking a finger at my chest with the other really does it for me.

Best Answer

Beware a wolf in sheeps clothing!!Pushy infiltrators who **** off and betray good,honest people at the expense of true christians reputations as well as blaspheming God!Way of the world!!!

Best Answer

I believe that the cause is mostly fear.

Best Answer

It is one of the biggest crimes against humanity.

Best Answer

Perhaps it is because some Christians feel superior to other religions. Some do act superior and haughty, but one finds that in all religions, I would think. If, after having committed a foolish act, I have never been treated as badly as I have been by most Christiains. Not all are that way, though. However, few humble Christians, around here at least, exist.

Best Answer

the fear of responsibility

Best Answer

"the truth is" "the facts are" "actually" "if you would read our novel" "according to 'god's word" all of this is a distinct example arrogance, hipocracy, ignorance by choice, meddling, self righteousness.... to name a few<br />
its all opinions ba<x>sed on a novel. grow up!

Best Answer