this happened in my family. My daughter, who is now 5, was born a few years later on the anniversary my father died in an accident. I always thought it meant he was still present somehow or that he was a guardian of this child.
HotPinkGirl HotPinkGirl 36-40, F 9 Answers May 23, 2009

Zero significance but attach whatever belief comforts you.

Best Answer

said the medicore mind!

Best Answer

Well it could simply be a coincidence. Or it could be symbolic of the Circle of Life: Karma replacing a life taken with a new life begun. It all depends on what meaning you want to take from it. I'm sure every person will come up with an answer of their own.

Best Answer

It's nothing more than coincidence, but if it inspires you to love your baby more, mazel tov. But if the anniversary was the death of a unloved, criminal relative, would you be worried that the child would be influenced by THAT person?<br />
Far better to recognize that everybody has to die and be born on some day or another and there are only 365 days to choose from.<br />
My best friend was born on 9/11/57. She had a lot of good birthdays before her special day became a national day of mourning. Does it 'mean' anything that that was the day the terriorist chose? No, it was a date that worked for them. I'm sure they'd be happy if they thought they'd ruined her day for the rest of her life. But they are two unrelated events. Like the death of your dear father, and the birth of your beloved daughter.

Best Answer

Since the birth rate is greater than the death rate in the world. The day, hour, minute, second your baby is born someone somewhere has just died. If your looking for a rebirth of someones spirit, really who would want that. Once you get to leave this world why comeback with no memory or knowledge and do it randomaly all over again.

Best Answer

It means whatever you want it to mean.

Best Answer

Hmmm, interesting thing to happen. Not sure of significance, but it would seem like a memorial of sorts, strange as that may sound.

Best Answer

Read 'Summer to Die'. It is a children's book I first read in 5th grade and tops as one of my all time favorite books even at age 40 and has saw me through a lot of horrible things in life. It is tenderly written and the whole book is a story on the exact subject you are speaking of. It will leave you not with an explanation but a peace about it all, and your own deep understanding.

Best Answer

My personal belief is that a person comes back into this world. If your father wanted to hang around after his old body died and wait for you to be pregnant again to be your child, he could have done that. But I don't know how much causation a person has on the date they are born. <br />
My youngest son is, we think, his father's mother, who died 5 months before he was born.

Best Answer