Give details of a time when someone or some people told you something about you that made you smile.
cYdeFXt cYdeFXt 26-30, M 8 Answers Jan 30, 2013 in Inspiration

it's a tie: just two months ago, a man at church, in his eighty's, shook my hand and said to me, "you're a good friend"; as a teen one of my Scout leaders wrote in one of my manuals, "In life, Dave, 'your best' will always be your trademark."

Best Answer

That's awesome man.

Best Answer

I'm blessed. Thanks for the 'Best Answer' selection.

Best Answer

Those are really great things to say about someone. Generally those types of compliments aren't expressed unless they were true. So it deserved to be the best.

Best Answer

That guys so tough he wouldn't tell you if his b@lls were froze off. (From when I used<br />
to ride a motorcycle all winter.)

Best Answer

Hahaha! So i guess the cold is no matter to you =)

Best Answer

It was a bit unpleasant at times, but I wouldn't admit it!

Best Answer

LoL I can dig it!

Best Answer

Your Awesome! said by the volunteer coordinator at the animal shelter I give some of my time.

Best Answer

Giving time to an animal shelter is very noble. I would this person was right.

Best Answer

Thank you! But I am not infallible, thus awesome in my mind is an accolade that is most difficult to live up to. Though civic duty is commendable, it is something most should do with out commendation, thus I feel I am just doing something I should do. That's far from awesome.. but I am so totally grateful for the recognition.

Best Answer

what diminishes the awesome, is that there is a self serving feeling that I have done something good there for I feel good.

Best Answer

Wow.....well just the fact that you feel that way about it is awesome, or maybe refreshing. All good things either way.

Best Answer

I appreciate this! Honestly the reward in volunteering is in the gratification that you have done well. The fringe on that reward is to not desire accolades for it. I do it, because it is the right thing to do in this time of my life and that feels good on it's own. More people should try it, the world would be a better place.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Fo' sho!

Best Answer

Someone told me that I'm a little holy angel.

Best Answer

I'm sure its true =)

Best Answer

mystic, deep... "you could be the coolest person at school if you tried" I guess that involves the word cool, though I think it to be false.

Best Answer

If trying meant that you would be the coolest, than you must've been pretty cool without trying.

Best Answer

.... O_O
I kinda doubt I looked anything like cool. ^_^'

Best Answer

LoL that doesn't mean you weren't cool though.

Best Answer

... O_o If I was cool, I would not use half my time avoiding people.

Best Answer

Well, i see your point. But there are plenty of really cool individuals that choose to avoid masses of people.

Best Answer

Perhaps, but I am not one of them. ^_^

Best Answer

Someone told me I was stunning. I told them to reach for their glasses.

Best Answer

LoL hey now, compliments are a good thing.

Best Answer