BrideofKain BrideofKain 31-35, F 10 Answers Nov 17, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

in my opinion, it measures how much you care for that person .. although it clouds your intellect and can often lead to misconceptions ..

Best Answer

I care about my partner, but I trust him, and I know that he would never do anything to hurt me. So I have no need to be jealous. If I didn't trust him and I was in need of being jealous, then our relationship would be a sham.

Best Answer

you can trust someone you love, but you should love the person you trust ..

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

I am not sure jealousy is something you think about..I think it is a trait that you have or you don't have..I am not sure you can control it. And If it strikes, me if I am envious of something, I talk to myself and reassure myself, by reminding me of ways that I have been blessed. He or she may have that, but I have this.

Best Answer

I can agree that it might be a trait. However, it is possible to control it. Example: I am jealous of my partner, but I trust him/her and it is all in my head anyway. Or: I am jealous so i will check his/her phone.
And from you are saying, you already control yours.

Best Answer

exactly, your aware it is there, and so you react and control it. what I am saying..we can control it once it happens, but we can't really stop it from enetring our head. it is just there.
The difference is we control the emotion, others don't , the jealousy just takes over.

Best Answer

One possible explanation of the origin of jealousy in evolutionary psychology is that the emotion evolved in order to maximize the success of our genes. e.g. A jealous behavior, in men, is directed into avoiding sexual betrayal and a consequent waste of resources and effort in taking care of someone else’s offspring.

Best Answer

So it is similar to a territorial instinct? So why then are females jealous?

Best Answer

You could go along a similar sexual route that she wishes for her mate to provide and protect HER and not another woman?

Best Answer

There might be something to what you say. In your opinion is then a jealousy an instinct that outlived it's usefulness?

Best Answer

Precisely. Though it may be of some use as a negative incentive to be loyal, achieve success etc.

Best Answer

Thanks. Your comments were enlightening.

Best Answer

It's just a pain. Has also to do with your self esteem. Some people just can't help it.

Best Answer

That's strange. I have a very low self esteem, but I never feel jealous.

Best Answer

Possibly it wasn't something you cared enough about. Or not an issues with all cases

Best Answer

I care for my partner, yet I don't feel jealous of him. Other females look at me strangely because I don't 'keep an eye out on your man'.

Best Answer

None, it serves no purpose

Best Answer

True that, so why do it?

Best Answer