Mosquitoes, Ticks, Fire ants of all variety, Bed Bugs *ewww*, so on.. wasps suckk white faced hornets wheeewww.. ouch! AND LOVE BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my most painful was by this bastardly beast http://cisr.ucr.edu/images/red_imported_fire_ant_01.jpg imported red fire ants from Brazil
ikattarri ikattarri 36-40, F 26 Answers Jan 29, 2013 in WTK

Bed bugs :((

Best Answer

Red wasp:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/56191

It hurt so bad I screamed when it stung.

Later the giant goose egg the sting raised got to be about an inch off the skin at the top and about 3x5 inches in spread. It bruised, too.

Best Answer

ack! looked at it then got over to termites.. ty for the nice link!

Best Answer

Termites all chomp what they are eating in synchrony, the whole colony! ...I went camping once, and found a tree that was "ticking." You could hear the collective bite from 30 feet away.

Best Answer

Gross.. I rented a house that had them. The landlord could care less... pfft

Best Answer

They say the Scottish midges are evil grudge bearing vindictive wee b*ds.

Maybe so. But they bide by rules. They advertise their presence and give you a sporting chance. You know you've been bit. You itch you scratch you live.

The beasties that live in Nottingham are sneaky evil grudge bearing vindictive wee b*ds. You don't see them, you don't feel them, but two days later you have blisters and wounds that weep, and are heading for a course of unpleasant antibiotics.

Best Answer

wow @ the second type of insect. What is it called? sounds horrific!

Best Answer

I don't know. I never saw it! But from the bites they knew it was a corn fly or something with an agricultural name anyway

Best Answer

ty :)

Best Answer

Dragonfly, I'm assuming from your examples that stung counts. Felt like someone

shoved a blazing cigar into my back!

Best Answer

dragonflies bite? I know horseflies are clever beasts.. wait for you dodging them at the lake while swimming.

Best Answer

Sting, I'm pretty sure. It blew in the window while I was
driving and got pinned between my back and the seat.

Best Answer

Bitten, or stung? Got stung by a velvet ant (wingless wasp) once as a kid. That was astonishingly painful. Nothing else has come close since.

Best Answer

yeah, bite or stung..and ouch!!!

Best Answer

stung by a scorpion

Best Answer

How ironic is this post.. my friends dog ate one... and he looked like your avatar! (the dog)

Best Answer

Best Answer

I was bit by a wasp looking insect as a kid. It was olive green with black stripes. Made my arm go half numb for several hours. Never saw one like that since

Best Answer

should google up images of it..now I am curious.

Best Answer

Fire ants.

Best Answer

bed bugs

Best Answer

It wasn't a bite, but a sting from a Soren Scorpion. Luckily for me I have an immunity. Can't say the same for the nine year old girl I was mentoring at the time...she's wheelchair bound since.

The poison from this scorpion, a strange blue color can cause temporary paralysis, but if left untreated, can cause permanent paralysis from the waist down. I had to carry her to the hospital from the trail we were hiking on, took three hours. Lucky for her, she was conscious. In a child that young, she had a good 25% chance of dying. Not a typical effect, but in a youth it can happen. All it did to me was hurt like Hell, and leave an open, gaping wound these things, their stingers tend to rip flesh as it leaves the wound, and these do go pretty deep.

Best Answer

I have been bitten by the animal/insect that is responsible for more deaths of humans worldwide than any other animal/insect. The Mosquito. That's the fact Jack!

Best Answer

Green headed flies that hang around salt water in the back bays. They bite .you bleed ! The drink "off" as a cocktail.

Best Answer

Mosquito, I had 18 months of cellulitis

Best Answer

Mostly wasps....and I had a spider bite a few years back....not sure what kind, but it was nasty...about 2 1/2" diameter, red, hot, swollen, and finally, infection....ugh..it lasted about two weeks....and I have a scar :( stupid spiders!!

Best Answer