Ok. First things first, I know a lot of you will look at my avatar & think i'm some "angry black person who hates white people" due to the nature of my question. I'm letting you know right now that it would NOT be very wise of you to go there with me! First of all, I'm bi-racial. Secondly, when I call someone out for making a racist remark, it's usually after the person called me the N word or used other racial slurs when talking about a group of people they don't like. I'm not someone who thinks all those who disagree with President Obama are rabid, foaming at the mouth, hardcore, racists. If you have a problem with what he's doing, by all means, criticize away. But to those of you who use racial slurs, talk in code language & enjoy making thinly veiled racial remarks, don't act all surprised & stupid when someone calls you out on your BS! Now, back to the question I asked. What is up with folks who are racists...trying to convince people they aren't racist?
HiPpIeRoNiN HiPpIeRoNiN 31-35, M 19 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Hobbies

In my opinion these divisions in society are there for a purpose,to divide.Its not accidental,overlooked or unpreventable,but left to fester through ignorance and fear,by those who hold power(the power behind governments).Political correctness has acted as a kind of safeguard for the bigoted,ensuring their remarks are guarded and show none of their true thoughts.Unfortunately treachery is the quickest and easiest way to attain most goals in this world.

Best Answer

Are you suggesting racism is a cover up for something far more nefarious?

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

Interesting. Care to elaborate more?

Best Answer

Even the history revealed to us shows rule and divide as a key,if not the key,to maintaining a position of power,ensuring continuance rather than change.Racism is and always has been a very effective way to split people,not because it has any rational basis,but because its something the ignorant can determine as easily as the educated,we all have skiin colour of some kind.So racism needs no nurtured hate to be seeded,it relies on its appeal to a wide and,in my opinion,readied audience who are always in society,due to the authorities real ambition which concerns only themselves and their benefits,not in educating people to the truths of our existence.

Best Answer

Most fascinating! Thanks for sharing a new perspective on the subject matter. You've given much to think about, research & examine here. Anytime that happens, i'm very grateful to the source that inspired me.

Best Answer

I believe you would do the same,because we both recognise each other as fellow human beings,earthlings,rather than the often patriotic spiel used for control. :)

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more. Well said, sir. *shakes your hand* :-)

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

Racism is a sign of a weak and poorly reasoning mind. Doesnt matter the ethnicity of the person. What i find odder is people who actually are not racist, dont really caree about someones origins, but joins in all the jokes and placates their peer group to avoid being the odd one out. There is no logic behind a dislike for an entire ethnic group or skin-tone. That is ultimately the truth of racism, humans are largely illogical despite the possess the most advanced mind ever evolved. I count myself most fortunate despite my community i was raised in a family that was utterly devoid of judgment ba<x>sed on colour.

Best Answer

You &amp; I were both raised well, sir! :-)

Best Answer

Have you ever thought they might just hate everyone?

Best Answer

Good question/response!

Best Answer

Obama and all of the people who voted for him because of his race are rabid, foaming at the mouth, hardcore, racists. The color of your racism is no excuse.

Best Answer

You're exactly the kind of person I was talking about. You didn't bother to actually read what I posted here. based on your comment here, you automatically thought I was attacking all white people for constantly bashing the President. Now you're saying ALL black people are racist for supporting President Obama? Are you serious, sir? lol

Best Answer

That's not what I said. People who vote for or against someone becuase of his race are racist. A lot more people voted for Odumbo because of his race than voted against him because of his race. Those people are RACIASTS.

Best Answer

Odumbo? lol Geez!! By the way, sir, that is exactly what you said. Let me ask you a question. Are those who voted for or against Mitt Romney because he's white considered racist?

Best Answer

Yes, all those who voted for Odumbo and against Romney because Odumbo is black are racist. Personally I was irritated that the media attacked Herman Cain until he dropped out. He would have been the best candidate for the Republican Party.

Best Answer

That's a pretty BIG brush you're painting with there, pal! Generalize much?

Best Answer

You are most definitely a racist..phuquehead!

Best Answer

Maybe they just use it as a cover to prevent catching flak from a racially homogenized world that has left most of them behind.

Best Answer

Interesting perspective. I think you're on to something here.

Best Answer

I'm an American born Cuban married to an American born Canadian French woman. When I was in the army, my complexion confused some Caucasians and they spoke quite openly about minorities around me. Then would change up their phrases when around others. I honestly think it is just a cover. By the way, I joined the EO Board shortly after that.

Best Answer

The people you're talking about are worse than the usual racist. They're closet racists People who'll smile in your face one minute, talk crap about you soon as your back is turned. The EO Board you say? Was it the Equal Opportunity Board?

Best Answer

Yes. I joined it about a month after being assigned to my first duty station. I would like to add that there were also many fine examples of people who saw you for your potential and didn't care what color you were or what your background was. If you showed potential and desire for something, they gave you everything you needed to catapult yourself through the ranks and build expertise. Fantastic opportunity that was for me.

Best Answer

It's nice to know that there were a lot of open minded people around during that time. I'm glad you were fortunate to have such experiences &amp; a great opportunity to rise through the ranks &amp; gain some expertise.

Best Answer

It's more for themselves than the people they appear to be saying it to.

Best Answer

I wonder why that is?

Best Answer

They don't want to admit that they are racist!

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

Usually the phrase, "I'm not racist but," is followed by something very racist.<br />
It's all cognitive dissonance and rationalization.

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

they are inadequate people, under-educated, and full of fear....<br />
I too am of mixed national and racial genes, as are my children..<br />
Back in the 60;s 70;s, when us hippies wanted to bypass the outside of people, it went well, but, once the reaganomics came around..money became the issue..<br />
How I long for..peace and no racism!<br />
Hey, hippie Samurai..

Best Answer

Hi, sweetheart! :-) So nice to see you again!
I agree with everything you said here! It's shame how a large part of humanity can't seem to evolve.

Best Answer

I know I haven't seen this much racial division and animosity since the early 70s. And though I know I will get a lot of disagreement with this,I believe that the overuse of the 'race card' has created the majority of it.

Best Answer

I don't think it's "overuse", like I said before, when I call someone a racist, it's after they called me the N word or use other racial slurs when talking about a group of people they don't like. It's quite sad that such animosity &amp; hatred still exists in this world. Thankfully I was brought up in a very loving &amp; open minded household. I don't hate anyone. Not even those who are racist. Because anger breeds more anger &amp; hatred breeds more hatred. I'm all about love &amp; acceptance.

Best Answer

Cool.It is good to stay above the anger and hatred.I was not referring to you,but as you said above,those who label any disagreement with any of the current administration's policies as racist.

Best Answer

Those who do that, have a very itchy trigger finger don't they? lol They certainly don't do President Obama even favors when they behave in such a way.

Best Answer

I'm going to be totally honest here..... I don't understand what a Racist is? I hear the word used an awful lot, but I don't have a clear definitive idea of what a Racist truly is.

Best Answer

Seriously? Well, since you don't know...a racist is a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

Best Answer

Yes, honestly, I am serious. It seems the word is thrown around a lot, but i've never really understood why? thank you for explaining it to me, The concept that one race is superior over another, is just stupid. All races of people have contributed to the World, and i'm sure we have all learnt something from people of a different race.

Best Answer

You're welcome. And forgive me. I was just a little taken aback by you not knowing what racist means. And I agree with you said here. It's not about our looks or the color of our skin. It's what we do that defines us.

Best Answer

Do you know what? I've often wanted to ask other people what a racist was, but most people assume that your joking if you ask a question like that, the thing is, if you don't know, then you don't know! thank you for being patient toward me.

Best Answer

haha! I bet you have lot's of horror stories from asking people what racist is. It's cool, man. If one doesn't know, they don't know. It's not their fault. lol I'm glad you asked. And you're welcome. :-)

Best Answer

the key word is "trying" <br />
they may try but they won't succeed!!<br />
They be ignorant FOOLS my favorite HippieDude!!! <br />
They give us something to laugh at!!<br />
love u!!

Best Answer

Right on! And they sure do! lol (((BIG hugs)))

Best Answer

muahhh! :*

Best Answer

*blushes* ;-)

Best Answer

to be honest we are all the same no matter what colour or nationality we happen to be, just make sure to be very careful passing any cop cars in the street lmao

Best Answer

Best Answer

no, i didn't think that u were an 'angry black person who hates white people' at all and because some people are so daft they don't realise they're being racist and others just don't want to admit it

Best Answer

Thank you &amp; well said!
BTW, LOVE your avatar! Batman RULES! :-)

Best Answer

I do rule don't I ;)

Best Answer

haha! You sure do! :-)

Best Answer

hahaha....<br />
I'm not a racist but hippie samurai is the man.

Best Answer

haha! Why thank you, Gnat! :-)

Best Answer

For some it could be a safety issus. If one lives or works around a different race they might want or need to hide their hatred for their own protection.

Best Answer