sothisis sothisis 46-50 20 Answers Dec 19, 2008

hum i think in some ways it may be a control thing. I have a friend, who always seems to take the opposing side (against me)of lets say a story in the news, and if i try to explaine why i see it the other way she actualy yells right over me. to push me and my point of view aside as if im wrong. we cn read the same article, but she always points out that im wrong in what conclusion i came to from the article. she also goes on and on about how her family and kids hate her. if she has a small job to be done, i try to help her resolve it but in the end i wish id not tried to help because my ideas are always unapealing to her. so Id say she likes to be right and be a victum.

Best Answer

i suppose it is a matter of pride. I am a doctor and I can tell you it is very degrading when your patient proves you wrong, so denial is directly practiced. Sociopaths also never think they are wrong, or never admit it at least. I think the brave thing to do is to admit you are wrong, and try no to make the same mistake again, instead of just making **** up to make you sound right. it takes gut to admit you're wrong, but it is admirable when you learn from the experience and not make the mistake again. I believe you earn more respect that way. I have been wrong many times before, and might even be wrong about this, but am always happy to be corrected if need be.

Best Answer

sometimes i have a hugh problem with this, but mainly because im hardly ever wrong... well i like to think i am, but im learning how to say sorry when i am wrong and at least for me that is a step in the right direction.. im a little bit of a perfectionist soo... i spend a lot of my time trying not to mess up in the first place...

Best Answer

I know a few who don't even consider the possibility of themselves *ever* being wrong in ways not determined previously by them. They hide or bypass it by using humor or by changing the subject, and then wonder why people avoid them. I would wager that it probably has something to do with the fact that even when they are being told the truth, they still cannot fathom or accept the possibility of hearing it when it applies to themselves and not someone else, for a change...:(

Best Answer

they are i pain in the butt.

Best Answer

I think they may have come down with a dose of the dreaded disease "EGOITIS".

Best Answer

They don't live in reality for one thing. They are only able to see their own point of view.

Best Answer

I believe this type of personality disorder is actually called narcissism. My experience with people with it has been very frustrating.

Google it and see if it applies to the situation you have in mind.

Best Answer

Because I know better

Best Answer

Wrong is an opinion.

Best Answer

uhm....super stubborn...

Best Answer

Because I seldom am. :D

Best Answer

I know it's possible I could be wrong, because I've been wrong in the past. It requires a special kind of pig-headedness to believe you're right despite evidence to the contrary.

Best Answer

they're too self absorbed to even consider the possibility that they might be wrong.

Best Answer

Well, I usually just think that everyone else is a real boob and . . . . Ha ha - got you. Really, I think some people are so insecure that they have to be that way (never wrong) they think if they admit making a mistake they will die. I tell people that I am really good - I've never made a mistake since the last one.

Best Answer