artgal80 artgal80 31-35, F 15 Answers Jan 6, 2013 in Hobbies

When I was in my late 20s, holyweird said that the 30s are the new 20s. When I was in my late 30s, holyweird said that the 40s were the new 30s... I'm hoping their trend continues. <br />
I'm in a weird state regarding age. I feel the most alive that I have ever felt in my life. At the same time, men my age are telling me that I'm no longer valuable, no longer sexy, not worth getting to know let alone dating. I feel like I can build skyscrapers and fly to the moon. But men my age are telling me to get support hose, depends and a walker because I'm past my prime. I am in Nursing School, and kicking its @ss. I've done better than all the younger girls BECAUSE of wisdom and maturity and experience. Yet, those same qualities in me make men run like they're being chased by wolves. <br />
The message from men is "Men don't age, they get distinguished; women don't age, they get replaced."<br />
The message from holyweird (Hollywood) is that with surgery, a lot of money, and the right PR team, you can live forever young.<br />
The message from me is: Screw them all! Cure cancer, take up the triathalon as a hobby, save the world, take huge risks and dare yourself to be more than these limiting jerkoffs give us permission to be. We don't need their stupid permission or their adulation either.

Best Answer

Well, many women/men of my generation(1980s born) are not looking their age at all &amp; I've seen it in 2 generations after mine too. So I kinda see it as a good sign for the human species. :)

Best Answer

I agree, 30's seem like the 20's and so on but I still feel old sometimes. :|

Best Answer

I am in my fifties and I don't consider my-self to be old. I am more active than most of the younger people that I know.

Best Answer

It's because before you're 30 you think that 30 is old and it's just scary to imagine because being young is so fun! (seriously not) but once you get past 30 you realize that you're not any different mentally than you were at 20, maybe wiser but not different....and besides people look on the outside not the inside to determine what's old....I dont' feel old either but my kids point out all the time that I am...and my favorite line back? " I hope i"m around when you're _____ so I can remind you that this age is OLD! " lol...

Best Answer

I'd get with a 30 year old woman. Date her and all of that. Guess its just society.

Best Answer

Indeed.

Best Answer

Always has been even when I was a kid, 50 years ago

Best Answer

Usually only teenagers think that.

Best Answer

And some grown men too unfortunately,not all,but some.

Best Answer

They are still teenagers in their minds.

Best Answer

Ah well,they have their moments. :p It's human nature.

Best Answer