I was wondering this because both have their advantages and disadvantages but which one is more tortuous. Looking for your opinions on this.
ChrisIsAwesome ChrisIsAwesome 18-21, M 7 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Health

With other inmates, it has good and bad but most good, Because you will lose your marbles if you are in alone, talking to the wall all day. At-least with other humans you can talk and use imagination in conversation, play games, maybe rape each other if you get bored as-well, so its got good and bad

Best Answer

ive been in both, and solitary is by far the worst experience of my life. i am a guy who likes "voluntary" solitude, but "forced" solitude is torture, cruel and inhumane punishment that should be banned.

Best Answer

I think I'd prefer to be on my own than be with someone and there be conflict all the time.

Best Answer

I think it may depend on the type of person you are. I would not have a problem with solitary confinement. I am not that social, Having people around me 24/7 would drive me nuts.

Best Answer

I agree - I'd much rather be alone

Best Answer

humans are social animals this is a fact when you lock people alone in a cell it changes them as it does with others there also but the thing about being alone is you have nothing but your own thoughts to work with some turn to anger and hatred but to show weakness in any form in a prison is a big mistake for it allows you to become a target for people who think that they need to prove something about how they are not weak and being locked alone this falls to guards to become the weaker and makes it more dangerous for them

Best Answer

I can't imagine, as being lock in anywhere, for even a minute, is one of my phobias. I quit a job, because it was cleaning an office building after hours and the boss used to drop us off and go on to another job and he locked up as he left, and we had NO WAY out, without setting off the fire alarm. Besides a key, that was the only way to unlock the doors. I lasted one evening in that job and then I told him where he could put it.

Best Answer

Depends on the inmates. lf they are nice it's no problem, if they are bad people, it's worse. Solitary confinement is never nice though.

Best Answer