LouArch LouArch 36-40, M 28 Answers Jul 21, 2012

Emotional, when your partner switches off from you it is awful, believe me I know. Physical is a very close second. Apart from your partner risking your health with unprotected sex, sex is sex. But when they connect with other person, put that person's feelings a head of yours, horrible.That is living with the enemy.

Best Answer

Emotional infidelity is what breaks up relationships. I should know, I squatted with a prostitute last summer for a couple nights.

Best Answer

Exactly. That's what we were trying to explain to the young person...live and learn. ;)

Best Answer

Um...She told me about how many guys hire her because their wives won't have sex with them. They were physically infidelious, but still loved their wives very much. I don't know what you are thinking about.

Best Answer

Never mind...I was actually agreeing with you.

Best Answer

um...k.

Best Answer

I ultimately think physical is worse, but emotional hurts just as much. However, you can't contract a disease from your spouse's emotional infidelity.

Best Answer

good point...
for those who need to be concerned about such things....
LIASM : {

Best Answer

Physical. I don't even consider emotional infidelity cheating.

Best Answer

You may want to think harder about that. Do you want your committed BF to have the same feelings for someone else that he has for you? I think that is playing with fire.
Just my opinion.

Best Answer

I don't have to think harder about anything. Feelings change over time, and that's understandable. Emotional infidelity is not really a big deal to me. Physical cheating however, is unforgivable. It's your opinion that emotional cheating is worse, I don't have to have the same opinions as you.

Best Answer

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and clearly physical infidelity would be a deal-breaker for you. I feel the same way. But while cheating physically might make you leave him, emotional straying is usually what makes a partner leave; that's when they fall for someone else. I think that's all that's being said.

Best Answer

I understand the implications. It doesn't matter who leaves who, or what happens. I do not believe "emotional straying" is cheating. Physical cheating, in my opinion is worse. Point blank, period.

Best Answer

Have you ever been cheated on ? My husband did A LOT. When it was not enough for him doing it away from home, he needed to rub it in my face !! So I was introduced to them as his "friends" finally an easy woman who came in our house. Each time he denied sex had taken place, but I knew. When someone sits with you, and is detached from you,it hurts, I pray you never experience it, sex is sex. We could have got past that. But him desiring, wanting those other women, NO. I knew each time, just did not have proof, Sorry you are wrong, the two kinda followed each other in my case, Why I said a close second.

Best Answer

You are talking to an asexualist here. I do not think sex is just sex. Sex is not some casual thing. Sex should only be done between two people who love each other dearly. I'm not saying emotional straying isn't hurtful. I'm saying I don't consider it cheating. I am not wrong, and you are not wrong. It's just that we have different opinions, so do not sit there and tell me that I am wrong. I am allowed to think physical cheating is worse. It's my opinion, and you are not going to change it.

Best Answer

Would you say so to justify your own emotional affairs, if your wife is allowed to do it, then you are allowed to have something on the side too type of thing? Do you care if your wife or partner would dream of someone else constantly and while making love to you she climaxes thinking of the other guy? Or maybe that won't bother you because you were thinking of another girl pretending it was her instead of your wife beneath you! It says you would prefer to live a f---u---c--k---ing lie if you do!

Best Answer

Well firstly, I'm a girl. Secondly, I've never cheated on any of my boyfriends.Thirdly, I'm a 17 year old nonsexualist, I hold sex to a higher standard then most people do. I don't just go around and sleep with every guy I date. Fourthly, swearing at a 17 year old? You're such a freaking hardass. I never said it's OK to think about another person while your dating someone, I just don't consider it cheating. I don't understand why you would stay in a relationship if you're attached to someone else. And I don't understand why you'd stay in a relationship if they're attached to someone else either. If you're that much of an idiot to stay with someone while they're fantasizing about another person, that's your own problem. Seriously @GrimKatze you are 22-25 years old, so act like it. You don't need to get your panties in a twist becase I disagree with you. Guess what? I DO NOT BELIEVE EMOTIONAL INFIDELITY IS CHEATING. GET OVER IT.

Best Answer

If you do not believe it is cheating then you never experienced an emotionally mature connection to anyone yet... And that is proven by your age!!!!! You lack experience in loving people so would not know!

Best Answer

Quoting the 17 year old that says it is NOT CHEATING: " I don't understand why you'd stay in a relationship if they're attached to someone else either. If you're that much of an idiot to stay with someone while they're fantasizing about another person, that's your own problem. " Here you clearly say it is cheating, saying why stay if you think of someone else, and why stay with someone if they are attracted to someone else... I wonder who is the real idiot, it is clear you speak out of two mouths, here you say it is not okay to stay with someone if they love someone else in their heart and mind, yet say it is NOT cheating. Okay child, whatever rocks your boat!

Best Answer

You don't know me to say two things about me. For one, I HAVE had emotional mature connection with someone, but since you know me sooo well go ahead and comment on things you have no idea about. You know what that's called? That's called ignorance. In my quote " If you're that much of an idiot to stay with someone who is fantasizing about another person, that's your own problem." Where does it say that I said emotional infidelity is cheating, exactly? Maybe you should go back to secong grade and learn how to read because no where in that sentence did I say emotional infidelity was cheating. I understand how in that quote you might think that, but what I was saying was why are you dating someone who loves someone else? If it hurts you, that's your own damn fault for staying in the relationship, so stop complaining about it. To clarify, I never said emotional infidelity was not hurtful. I simply said I do not consider it cheating.

Best Answer

Emotional. Physical is just about sex in the moment. Emotional creates a lasting bond. Physical may lead to emotional and once it does, the prior relationship is lost.

Best Answer

Best Answer

You can heal physically just like scars but emotionally it can take many years to heal. Sometimes you never recover from it.

Best Answer

Both are bad ,however the way I see it, is that emotional infidelity is worse, because it is more deep, there are feelings involved , not just plain sex so I would say it hurts more... and u bet that when the other part discover it, she / he will feel not only betrayed, but literally kicked into the curb... my marriage is now ending because of that, my husband didn't had the energy or willing to work on our marriage instead he went spend his energy and time out with other woman, while I was busy working too much he says, however he never asked me to work less or pay less of the bills... I fell used, betrayed and not appreciated ... if u care to know I have a story posted on affairs

Best Answer

I'd have a difficult time with both, honestly. I have male friends who are married, but we know how to keep things from getting flirty; we treat each other like siblings. I'm mature enough to realise that most people won't scrap a marriage or longterm relationship over, put crudely, a piece of *ss. But they might over meeting their "soulmate". I've seen it happen.

Best Answer

Emotional. I couldnt stand thinking my significant other wanted to be with someone more than me in every way.

Best Answer

both as it your life and marriage. if one of you did it please tell why -that way it helps to understand each other and maybe improves both lives better.

Best Answer

Emotional.

Best Answer

Both are just as harmful. if your SO has an emotional relationship with someone else, the physical will soon come.

Best Answer

Emotional wins by a hair.

Best Answer

hard to differentiate.. emotional is very hard to take and breaks relationships, but your lover being in bed with someone else is equably terrible

Best Answer

Emotional infidelity is worse because when your partner is alienated from you, you might as well be on an island all by yourself. The cold distance he/she puts between you lives on forever. I think a partner can forgive physical infidelity because you can eliminate the third party, but emotional scars cannot be erase.

Best Answer

If people believed in the idea of marriage like we claim to then the 2 couldn't be separated. Either would include the other. Body is mind and both are connected.

Best Answer

Emotional infidelity is sex that has not happened.......yet, but it will. They are both not really brilliant ideas, unless you happen to want to change partners.

Best Answer

Physical, it will lead to emotional if the affair goes on long enough

Best Answer

Devilwife has it right.

Best Answer

Emotional in the sense of who you are thinking of all day, neglecting your spouse in your heart... But physical can be equally detrimental, when the thought is put into action... More people get hurt by the physical act. If it stays emotional it stays pure and people can still make right with their spouses, maybe it is more easily forgivable because the spouse had great will power to abstain and withhold on acting on their desires, showing they are capable to stay loyal and devoted if only they have enough will power to make it work like they had on refraining from acting on their lust manifesting it in the entire from emotional to the physical.

Best Answer

The problem there my friend, once things start with the emotional, lust will follow, and in the end you maybe be so overtaken by these emotions and desire that you won't think of the consequences, mostly people don't, be it a men or a woman...

Best Answer

Also ,a pattern I realize here is that men think that only the act of having sex with other woman is cheating, they don't consider the implications of the emotional afffair, which for us woman we consider it worse, we may understand a simple fu.ck, and a night stand however emotional affairs take months, years and in the end we feel unloved, betrayed and there will not be forgetting or forgiving. Woman by nature feels and see things from different perspectives from men. We need feel loved and respected. And if you have an emotional affair we will sure think that the reason is that we were not enough for you, despised doing everything for you, this my friend its the end. And period!

Best Answer

I think that only people that have dealt with it and was on the betrayed side will trully understand what I am saying, because we feel it on the skin, and everyday we wake-up we think about it and revived it, we look to our husbands and wonder if they would rather be with the other person, we wonder If they are thinking on they, who they think if making love, then u start getting disgusted with the person because u keep imagining what your husband / wife was doing with the other person. Then skin will curls and Everytime he touch u u will feel sour

Best Answer