IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 10 Answers May 12, 2012

parents who compete with their children are Vampires. they suck the life out of their own children (usually one is targeted) to maintain their own sense of superiority and self delusions of glory. If the parent can successfully conquer and remain superior to the child it gives the parent a false sense of adequacy that gives them their "mojo" to be confident out in the real world. The parent literally "feeds" off of their ability to dominate and defeat their own child they see as gifted or remarkable. It gives them a sense of strength and value, albeit a very temporary sense. Thus...continued "feedings" are necessary by the sickly "Vampire" parent. The parent never plays fair or allows a level playing field...they will even set their own remarkable child up for failure so the child never gains the confidence or strong sense of adequacy.

Best Answer

no point.......they're waaay ahead of me :-)

Best Answer

they are pretty sad and pathetic, i hope i don't turn out to be one of them, i'm not competitive now so i'm pretty sure i won't

Best Answer

All depends on what the parent and the child is competing about ya games family games are ok but if its above and beyond that its weird

Best Answer

There should be one of those sings,You have to be this Tall !!

Best Answer

My father used to compete with me on a near constant basis. From my experience with him, I would have to say extreme insecurity and extreme feelings of inadequacy.

Best Answer

I had the same experience with m dad. He would no longer play ball or games with me when he could no longer beat me...he made sure to undermine my success and belittle me and even tell me that i would never amount to anything. I was an ASB officer in highschool at the time...key club president, 3 year varsity track, and even got a scholarship in vocals at the time my father told me how disappointed he was in me and that i would never amount to anything.

Best Answer

EVERYTHING.

Best Answer

My mom was a jelly wrestler.

Best Answer