Do you wish you had had more fun? Not stressed as much? Not gotten into drugs or alcohol? Worked harder in school? What would you change about your younger years and why? Thanks to everyone who answers.
chelswildflower chelswildflower 18-21, F 31 Answers Jan 19, 2009

not finding people to lead instead of following. when I wanted to speak up, people didnt like it, they preferred I just follow and not say anything.

Best Answer

A Lot! I wish I had some childhood experiences to talk about now. I was a homebody due to seizures. My mom was too afraid to let me go places, even though i recovered fairly quickly after one. I never once went out to any games, went with friends, or went to any dances. I think what gets me now more than anything is that I didn't even realize any of what I was missing out on until I got into my mid-20's. <br />
Now, I have done far more than most people will ever do in their lifetimes, but if I had it all to do over again, I would give up all of my accomplishments today and made an effort then to have had friends and done things then and not waited. <br />
I think the funny thing about it all is that I recently went to my 20 year reunion and had a great time, but the perception that everyone had of me was that I went out with other groups. Not a single one there realized that I never did go out. I ended up having to fumble quite a few conversations of old times because they assumed I did those Inge too.

Best Answer

hahahahha acideite that is REALLLY funny lmao <br />
my biggest regret, and it was weird because i was talking to someone about this the other day, is i wish i had stuck up for myself. highschool really sucked for me and i used to get picked on by the older girls. they would just talk **** but i always used to think esp. as a freshman that if i yelled back at them they would try and fight me. being that i went to a catholic elementary school i had never gotten into a fist fight and wasnt about to. but as i went through high school i learned that no one actually ever did anything they just all talked **** to each other. and if i had talked **** to those girls, they probably would have just shut up.

Best Answer

For the most part, they were amazing. I just wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to grow up.

Best Answer

I didn't put any effort in during high school. It didn't occur to me to try hard, nor did I have any outside influence to do so. Which isn't the main reason... I just didn't care enough about my future. I am a Psych student @ Uni now. I just wish I had learnt a lot earlier that working hard @ school and getting good grades to get into uni is worth it.

Best Answer

I'd say nothing. I have all these tumultuous experiences, but I would have to say that they helped me be shaped into the person that I am today. Regrets are just things we haven't done yet.

Best Answer

That I didn't say yes to the guy I kept having dreams about.

Best Answer

I didn't do anything that I regret, but I do regret not doing anything. I regret all the missed opportunities.

Best Answer

My regret perhaps is that I was too concerned about growing up fast that I forgot to live a little more in the process. I was a very shy, and serious teen. If I could give an advice to my former self I would tell her these lovely lyrics : "Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your<br />
life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they<br />
wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year<br />
olds I know still don’t"<br />
That would have changed my perspective on things. Oh, well, I guess I still can, cant I ?

Best Answer

Dude... I really regret that I didn't find marijuana sooner.

Best Answer

ONE biggest regret? I have a million. I couldn't name just one. I didn't start finally getting life until I was 28 years old. I wasn't bad but I was definitely stupid and let hurt, anger or just plain stupidity control me enough to do evil things that I regret. Naivity is still a huge problem for me, and this is white collar criminals favorite quality in setting someone up.

Best Answer

That I didn't study harder and take the chance to be a animator. <br />
Also that I didn't go out with Certs....I should of took him up on his offer.

Best Answer

Everything!!!!!

Best Answer

Absolutely NO REGRETS! I had a blast and did rather well in academics.<br />
I was really social and had lots of friends, I partied like crazy, I indulged wholeheartedly in experimentation, I went to nightclubs underage, I went to concerts often... I had so much fun in/out/around school and managed to get an education. I don't feel like I missed out on anything.

Best Answer

Not jumping.

Best Answer

I regret a lot from when I was 19 and in college :s, but it's brought me somewhere good so I wouldn't change it, and in a way I don't regret it becuase of that, but it still makes me sad.<br />
I definitely regret not telling my mum to cut the c*ap in my early childhood, that very first time she hurt me, or any one of a bunch of times later. <br />
I regret taking so long to decide and making so many mistakes in the early part of my relationship with my fiance. Sigh.

Best Answer

I wish I had paid more attention through my apprenticeship!<br />
! wish I hadn't started drinking when I did!<br />
I am so sorry that I hadn't broken off with a certain girlfriend!

Best Answer

that i started using drugs....

Best Answer

Marrying my first husband, I was 17 and had his 3 month old baby...........big mistake!

Best Answer

Well, it would have been best to have set a realistic and doable career goal at that stage in life, but for most people that doesn't happen nor does the goal come into fruition.

Best Answer