deviantART deviantART 22-25, M 23 Answers Oct 16, 2010

Nature. Do not do anything actually evil, never lost your chance to be nice to others or to help them out about something serious. Do everything else freely

Best Answer

my surroundings, logic, opinions, gut feeling, loved ones, ect. I have many! for different times when they had worked best

Best Answer

I have no compass more than God. I feel Your Presence in my life so clear, when I want to do something, all the stars looks like I can achieve my goal, and in an instant, everything falls down. This project is not for you I feel. In the beguinnins it was very frustrating, but when the years passed I can see why God makes fall down the projects I planned. And I understand why it is, it´s because I´m so trusted in people, I always think good about the people, and later I see the dark side of them. If my project would have succeed, these people around me, that for me were friends, would take the project and left me away, thing that in one time almost happens. And since then, I left the guidance in God´s Hands, He knows better than me and anybody what´s the best for my life and my projects.

Best Answer

The morals and values my parents taught me, who are very conservative Christians. Though I have certainly formed a few of my own opinions since then due to certain life experiences, I have also discovered, that put the most well meaning person in a desperate enough situation, and that compass can change, even if just temporarily. Lord knows it's happened to me, and though I do feel bad now that I am at the the afterwards part, I don't know how I would've survived otherwise.

Best Answer

Logic.

Best Answer

Christian morality. I was brought up as a Methodist, and you never forget that stuff. It's not a bad system.

Best Answer

my heart and life experience. i have a pretty good sense of what's right and wrong.

Best Answer

I broke my compass O_O I kinda just do what I please. Not saying thats a good thing though. I'll end up paying for it eventually...

Best Answer

That feeling in the pit of my stomach (good or bad).

Best Answer

The compass in my life is the lessons of Gandhi, Martin Lurther King Jr., Ellen De Generes, Dali Lama, Jesus, and Bahaullah. All these great influences in my world, have made me be authentic and think of what is right and how to behave. Of course, Ellen De Generes (sp?) isn't comparable to the others, but she has done a lot of good. Also, I disagree with Garvan about being quiet if you don't have a good word to say. Too many people are quiet about bad things. Think of the Holocaust. More people should have said a lot of bad things about the Nazis whatever the consequences.<br />
Reply to deviant art: My compass isn't perfect, but it's the closest that my heart and soul gives me as a sense of direction...and who says that worshipping a cow is outrageous? Yes, they are only people, and they have faults. However, God isn't right here giving me directions in person, and I've seen the good they've done. I pray. I meditate, and I look around the world at people who I think act the way that God would want them to act. I emulate their emulation of what they think God or the Universe expects of them as a decent human being...and that's the best compass I know of... Thank you for the questions and the feedback. A GREAT QUESTION OF YOURS! Made us all really think. :) Love to you!

Best Answer

but those are just men who can be right about somethings and wrong about others , no human is above error , so how can they be your compass if they themselves - at some points - don't know where to point , or may even point in the wrong direction ?? <br />for instance, Gandhi worshiped a cow , does that seem right to you ??

Best Answer

The HOLY Bible

Best Answer

How come ? why the bible exactly ?

Best Answer

My heart and my mind are the compass in my life. If something is wrong, and it doesn't sit well with me, and I feel it in my heart and can say "yeah that's wrong" in my mind... it's my heart and my mind working together to be that compass.

Best Answer

Usually I have a general idea of what's right and what's wrong, but if I am ever in doubt my friends are my compass, I ask a few of them and see what they think and if it's reasonable. And if that fails I come on EP and ask silly questions

Best Answer

The law, because it is the only metric that actually compels you to do or not to do something, while imposing sanctions when you refuse to do or when you do something against it.

Best Answer

But is the law always right , is it always in our benefit , for example underage prostitution is legalized in some parts of holland , does this looks like a right direction for you?

Best Answer

good answer garvan. I agree. The values I was taught by my parents, other persons of influence in my young life, even religion...all made me what I am and guide my decisions day to day. Knowing what is right and wrong and having the moral fortitude to do right is the true test. Though we may wander from the true path our compass points, we can come back to the trail though.

Best Answer

My upbringing taught me wahat is right and what is wrong,I have to thank my wonderful parents for that.<br />
Do unto others as you would wish them to do unto you.Do not throw stones if you live in a glasshouse,this applies particularly well to this site.Try to be kind to each other if you do not have a good word to say about someone then say nothing at all.I do try to do all of these things however being human I do slip up and feel guilty afterwards.

Best Answer

indeed you should thank your parents for that :)

Best Answer

My Faith

Best Answer

and what is that ?

Best Answer

Food, because I'm an American, and you can never go wrong with that. <br />
Now, where did I put my bucket of lard?

Best Answer

:) i think that's a compass that always points north :)

Best Answer